twelve ; king's cross

a/n: another chapter! i trying really hard to just get this shit over with lolol. published november 20, 2016

"So how was Remus?" Darcy asked the morning of going to King's Cross. She pushed her heavy cart, trying her hardest not to run into the no-Majs that were constantly swarming the place.

Ophelia's lips turned downward. It was three days after since she left to take care of him. "He's not doing well. I don't have the area of space to release him with me without humans around."

"Oh," said Darcy, "does that mean he's been scratching himself more often?"

A light sniffle came from Ophelia's mouth. Darcy had no idea that it would strike such a feeling so she was quite the rest of the walk to Platform 9 3/4. 

"Philly," said Darcy when they came across a brick wall that only said Platform nine, "Where's nine and three quarters?"

The Weasley's plus Harry and Hermione had caught up with the two.

"You just go through the wall right here," sadi Ron who was poijting at the same wall she was in front of.

Darcy threw a look of disbelief at the Weasley's and Ophelia. "For real?"

Ron, Harry, and Hermione looked around the place, chatting unconspiciously as they pushed their carts through the brick wall and disappeared. Darcy's eyes widened when Ophelia started pushing her through with Ginny and the twins. 

"But--whoa!" Darcy squealed, her eyes scanning the very different terrain of the train station. 

"Amazing, isn't it?" said Ginny, holding tight to her elbow. "Everyone's got the same reaction."

"It really is!" Darcy replied, staring amazingly around. 

They walked several more steps. Darcy took notice of the familiar faces, and the odd glances that were given back to her--or most likely Ophelia.

"The trains boarding, loves!" Mrs. Weasley said, shoving off Ginny and Darcy forward to the nearest train door. "I'll go get the man to put your luggage away--oh Ginny! Ron's got Pig, right?"

"Right, mum," Ginny agreed, pulling herself onto the train

"Fred, George, take good care. Don't do anything stupid."

"Yes, mum," they said, following Ginny.

Ophelia turned over to Darcy, brushing off her shoulders. "I'll see you at Hogwarts, alright?"

Darcy nodded, glancing around her more feverishly. "Alright."

"I'm just going off to see Remus at the Three Broomstick, so I won't be there to greet you."

This time, Darcy really got the feeling that there was something going on between Ophelia and Remus. She boarded the train, trying her hardest not to run into to anyone.

Every compartment seemed to be full, except for a boy that she caught that was sitting by himself. Her eyes narrowed, realizing that this was Neville Longbottom. Quickly, Darcy opened the compartment door and pushed herself inside.