twenty-eight ; recovery

a/n: HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

unedited. published 12/25/16

edited 12/29/16

            Ophelia paced around Dumbledore's office and bit her nails in serious thought. The headmasters of Beaxbatons and Durmstrang were there as well, and Professor's McGonagall, Moody, Snape, and Sprout were watching their fellow co-worker—waiting for Madam Pomfrey's word of Darcy's health.

            "Who would do this," muttered Ophelia for the tenth time. This was what she was trying to figure out. She turned over to Dumbledore, not caring that there were others in the room.

            "Do you think that someone knew about her ability?" she said quietly to him. "What other reason to—oh my lord, Dumbledore!"

            Surprised by the sudden shrill of her voice, Dumbledore inquired, "Yes, Ophelia?"

            Looking around the room, Ophelia laid her eyes upon Karakaroff's forearm and then quickly glanced away. She decided that this was a talk that needed to be away from foreign ears.

            "Someone attacked your niece, is what you're saying," said Moody suddenly. All eyes turned to him.

            Ophelia nodded.

            "It could be someone that had ties to You-Know-Who," Moody grumbled on, his magical eye scouring every inch of the office. "But—why attack the daughter of Sirius Black?"

            "Well, it can't possibly be because she's his daughter," scoffed McGonagall. "Darcy has got nothing to do with that lot of!"

            Grateful, Ophelia smiled at her old Professor.

            The room burst into arguments of Darcy possibly being the reason why Sirius Black could get into Hogwarts the first place. Though these arguments were made by Karkaroff, Ophelia had made her words clear as glass to the entirety.

            "We shouldn't forget who's willing to be part of You-Know-Who's ranks!" she said amongst the yelling. Ophelia landed her gaze on Snape and Karkaroff. "We've been hiding this fact for far too long—look at your marks! They're reappearing!"

            Pulling her coat sleeve up, Ophelia's left arm had the sudden tan brand that two-other people in the room had. Karkaroff sent a warning look over at Snape.

            "These are signs," said Ophelia, desperation in her voice. "The Death Eaters—the ones that are still loyal—they've returned! Think about it, Headmasters, teachers—the World Cup! They were at large and bloody conjured the Dark Mark! Does that not frighten you? Does that not tell you something is about to happen?"

            Dumbledore stared intently at Karkaroff, whose face was passive. The headmaster nodded solemnly to the people around him.

            "It could just be a defect in the magic behind the mark," said Snape dismissively.

            Ophelia glared at him, seeming a little suspicious.

            "There was no flaw—this mark disappeared the minute You-Know-Who died," Moody snapped, he held his stance high. With dignity, Moody had praised Ophelia for being the "only smart one who should've become an Auror".

            No one openly admitted—that was, the teachers—that Voldemort could be back. It was between Dumbledore and Ophelia that knew of Peter Pettigrew's true status. There were arguments that Ophelia pointed out to Karkaroff that he just wouldn't get the clue. Maxime was a neutral woman, but surprised the lot with her dismissiveness.