forty-two ; oddly rude

a/n: so so SORRY THAT I haven't updated in like a month!!! I've been very busy with school + i've been recovering from re-reading the Red queen series. Lol, but yeah! Published 03/04/17 unedited

            The events of Mrs. Weasley bawling her eyes out at the sight of her family and Harry dead at her feet put a damper on everyone's feast. But of course, the Boggart was soon eradicated, leaving everyone to go off to their respectful homes.

             Yet, a good night sleep wasn't in store for Darcy. She had seen Ophelia hugging James Potter in her arms, dead; her father running wild with his group of friends; herself being mocked for her silence by Draco and Pansy, telling her that she's no Prefect; and the annoying door at the end of a dark corridor.

            Being awoken by the yells of children all around her, and the familiar red, long hair of Ginny was also unpleasant but fearful. Darcy got her trunk, plus the additional bag for her robes, and headed off downstairs. From right below her, Fred and George levitated their bags and managed to knock Ginny off the railings, earning shouts from both Mrs. Black and Mrs. Weasley.

            "— COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS —"

"— FILTHY HALF-BREEDS, BESMIRCHING THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS —"

After a lot of skirting around the skinny halls, everyone was out of the doors. Sirius, in the form of a dog, was by the left of Harry and nudged Darcy to be on right.

"Where's Tonks?" Harry said, looking around as they went down the stone steps of number twelve, which vanished the moment they reached the pavement.

"She's waiting for us just up here," said Mrs. Weasley stiffly, averting her eyes from the lolloping black dog beside Harry.

An old woman greeted them on the corner. She had tightly curled gray hair and wore a purple hat shaped like a porkpie.

"Wotcher, Harry," she said, winking. "Better hurry up, hadn't we, Molly?" she added, checking her watch.

"I know, I know," moaned Mrs. Weasley, lengthening her stride, "but Mad-Eye wanted to wait for Sturgis. . . If only Arthur could have got us cars from the Ministry again . . . but Fudge wouldn't let him borrow so much as an empty ink bottle these days. . . How Muggles can stand traveling without magic . . ."

But the great black dog gave a joyful bark and gamboled around them, snapping at pigeons, and chasing its own tail. Harry and Darcy laughed. Sirius had been trapped inside for a very long time.

Then, the sight of the station was in front of them, and Darcy felt a little weak in the knees as she got closer. The badge she pocketed in her jeans seemed to grow warm and she immediately shook of her freight. What's a job got to scare her? Shouldn't she be happy?

"I hope the others make it in time," said Mrs. Weasley anxiously, staring behind her at the wrought-iron arch spanning the platform, through which new arrivals would come.

"I'm still wearing my sandals," groaned Darcy as she squinted at the morning sun. Her toes were starting to numb when they were walking towards the station. No joke, she probably looked like a hippy.

Tonks peaked over.

"Oh, yeah—must've been a late start this morning, right?" she said.

Darcy nodded.

"Oh good," said Mrs. Weasley, sounding relieved, "here's Alastor with the luggage, look . . ."

Turning around, Darcy saw a porter's cap pulled low over his eyes, and Moody came limping through the archway pushing carts full of their trunks.