six ; darcy black

a/n: THIS CHAPTER IS 4,898 WORDS OKAY AND ITS THE END!!!!!!! OF PART ONE, BOOK THREE! EXCUSE TYPOS BC ITS 6 AM IM TIRED

It went by so fast. First, ron being dragged into a tunnel by a dog; second, the whomping willow picking Darcy up as she silently screamed; and three, Harry, Hermione, and she were bustling into the Shrieking Shack.

"Ron!" Hermione when they spotted a four-poster bed and him on it.

"Are you okay?"

"Where's the dog?"

"Not a dog," Ron moaned. His teeth were gritted with oain. "Harry it's a trap."

"What--"

"He's the dog...he's an Animagus..."

Ron was staring over Harry's shoulder. He whirled around.

Darcy gasped, but no one could hear her. There was a man in the shadows and he slammed the door shut behind them.

There, Sirius Black stood with filthy matted hair hung to his elbows. If eyes hadn't been shining out of the deep, dark sockets, he might've been a corpse. It made Darcy sick to her stomach, seeing this pale man as her father. She looked nothing like him--not even a little bit!

"Expelliarmus!" he croaked with Ron's wand and all of their wands were taken from them.

Sirius took a step closer. His eyes were fixed on Darcy and Harry standing next to each, her cowering more behind Harry.

"I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely. His voice sounded like he really hadn't used in in a long time. Darcy suddenly felt the urge to speak, to see if she would sound like him. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you, not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful...it'll make everything much easier..."

Form how it sounded through Darcy's ears, it seemed that he was rubbing in Harry's face that James would've died for him. Darcy saw no innocence in this man, as Ophelia had so defiantly claimed.

Harry started forward to attack, but Darcy and Hermione grabbed him back.

"No, Harry!" Hermione gasped in a petrified whisper; Ron, however, spoke to Black.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" he said fiercely, but he cringed in pain when he tried to sit upright.

Darcy's face was now alarmed. Would Sirius kill his own daughter to kill Harry?

As she looked at Sirius, something flickered in his eyes.

"Lie down," he said quietly to Ron. "You'll damage that leg more."

"Did you hear me?" Ron said weakly. "You'll have to kill all four of us!"

"There will only be one murder here tonight," said Black, his grin widening.

Darcy's eyes widened, this time she stepped away from behind Harry and held him back with her arm. She worried now, because this wasn't how she was going to lose a friend.

"Why's that?" Harry spat, trying to wrench from the three's grasp. Darcy kept her grip tight on his hand. "Didn't care about those muggles to get at Pettigrew? Has Azkaban made you soft?"

Darcy yanked Harry back as Hermione gasped, "Harry! Be quiet!"

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry roared and within huge effort he broke free of Hermione and Ron's grasp, but Darcy still held tight to his hand as he pushed forward--

Darcy widened her eyes when Harry had shoved her off and punched Sirius in the face. They both collided onto the wall and Hermione could be heard screaming as Ron was yelling. The lights that blinded her made her trip, falling on her butt.