twenty ; naive, am i

a/n: this chapters probably really confusing. It'll probably go under EXTREEEMME editing! published december 5, 2016

Her neck was extremely itchy, the rock that prevented the pain of her vocals sitting there with all its beauty. Darcy hated taking the thing off, as it was a risk of losing her voice—again.

The Slytherin common room was filled with students at the start of December. There were excited whispers about what would happen for the second task, though since Harry hadn't figure it out, Darcy hadn't put it under her priorities at the moment.

It was the time of week, now--not month anymore.

She walked at a slow pace that evening, not caring for the odd looks she received.

It had been something that Darcy didn't like to think about everyday. It's what made her in such a bad mood most of the time.

This started during the the first weeks of school, when she'd experienced episodes of depression—a term Ophelia had been using frankly after her lessons with Snape, though Ophelia didn't know about to.

Now, Snape—he was quite interested to see why Darcy had been selected for the rare cursed gift. How her silence was any part of it. He was kinder to her—and it was nice to not deal with his remarks about her father.

So, for twelve years or so, Darcy had oppressed her ability to release her more available access to navigate through the "many layers of a person's mind". It was an act that allowed her to flow through a person's mind, feel what they feel in certain situations.

"How long have you experienced flashes of, say, memories, in your previous years?" Snape had said one evening on their first lessons. "It's crucial that your seemingly adaptful mind has wanted to reach into minds, but you've been oppressing it, correct?"

Darcy stared at him. "Second year, I was able to look into Amandla Picquery's mind and see her grandmother, Seraphina Picquery...Amandla was pretty freaked out too, said that she just had a vision about her grandma...After that, I was too scared to even talk to her anymore."

Amandla Picquery was pressured by her mother to not follow in her grandmothers footsteps: which was, the president of MACUSA (Magical Congress of the U.S.A.). From seeing Amandla's memories, Darcy got the idea that Amandla's mother thought that it was no work for a woman to be President. (According to history, Seraphina Picquery was the greatest president to handle no-maj secrecy, but was very insensitive and reacted under pressure.)

He shook his head in mock disappointment. "That's when you pushed back your mind?"

From her chair, Darcy nodded stiffly. She didn't know where this was going, but after that, Snape had allowed her to try to get into his head. He picked out a few memories for her to see, as she actually successfully infiltrated his mind. She'd seen Snape, in his perspective, try to reverse a curse that was making—what appears to be—a younger Harry's broom moving at its own will.

Snape was surprised and dismissed her to leave. He congratulated her rather dully.

December had began just as dull for Darcy as well. Her birthday was nearing in January, and she wasn't sure of she was actually excited at all.

Her lesson for the night was what made everything...interesting.

"I assume your aunt doesn't know that you are taking these classes?" he said right after she took her seat in the potions class.

She shivered, and glanced away from Snape and to the door.It was a chilly evening, and she wore tons of layers that could've added on fifty pounds.