ten ; his mark

a/n: short chapter. no ophelia flashback.

People swarmed everywhere around sight. Every turn was a slap to the chest, evey backstep would result in her trip. The ground met Darcy's hands, and she hissed as the pain shot through her wrist and up her shoulder.

Her back was lying on the ground, and she found herself hacking as wizards stepped over her chest. The air around her was suddenly to hard to catch, like she forgot. Slowly, the people were disappearing from sight, gone.

Darcy was far away from any other people. No person was in sight, not even Harry, whom they were separated from.

The grounds was burning, and all tents were burned to the ground.

Darcy's eyes tried to search for any sign of life, but they found her instead. It was no welcome, the ministry of magic had stunned her to the ground, and bounded her hands behind her back. She saw her feet lift from the ground, her shadow darkly levitated from the ground. The ministry was yelling, hissing at her like she was scum and Darcy could not defend herself.

"Should've known it was a Black!" one of the Aurors said, their tones thick with disgust. "Sirius Black must've been among them!"

No words were able to form a retort as they spoke badly of her father.

"Mr. Crouch!" Someone yelled, though she could not see them. "We've caught one!"

People shuffled her body in front of a man with a very large top hat.

"Whom might this young lady be," he said calmly. His wand lifted up in front of Darcy's face and a light brung from it.

"It's Black's daughter," a man responded almost eagerly. "He must've been among those death eaters!"

Just when Crouch was about to speak again, there was a rustle from behind them.

Darcy couldn't see what was happening, but she struck by the dark mark in the sky. Her eyes tried to scan everything, her heart pounding with the fear that the death eaters would be back.

"Stupefy!" The ministry people shouted. Then, came the voice of Mr. Weasley.

"That's my son!" He shouted distantly. He wasn't near Darcy. "Ron, Harry, Hermione--are you okay?"

"We came back for Harry and Darcy!" Ron said.

" Which one of you did it!"

"Crouch, you can't possibly think--"

"You've been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

"Is that Darcy?" Hermione said, her voice peaked with fear. "Omygod--did they--?"

"Renervate," Mr. Weasley said, his face now above her. 

Darcy let a gasp out of relief, her eyes stinging with tears she couldn;t stop. Her head whipped around to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione surrounded by the ministry people. Her face flushed with anger as she saw the blonde man who stunned her.

"Why've you stunned me!" Darcy hissed, quickly standing up. "I've got nothing to do with that mark! I don't even have my wand!"

"Barty, they are only kids!" Mr. Weasley defended.

"What crime?" Harry said, more authoritvely. He looked up, and a look of pain crossed his face.

"It's his mark, Harry," Hermione whispered.

Darcy kept staring at everyone arguing. Her hand balled into a fist as she stared up at the sky. It had the skull, and a snake coming out of its deadly mouth. Her gaze returned back to Harry, who was uncomfortable under the presence of the mark.

. . .

"I think Ron and Hermione are aware your scare is hurting," snipped Darcy, when they got back into the bunk. Ron was off, talking about the events that happened merely thirty minutes ago.

Trying his best not to look at the girl, Harry tugged the sheets of his bed off and jumped onto the bed. "If they ask, they ask."

"You should tell Sirius," Darcy said softly, pullin herself under the covers of her single bed.

"Wouldn't want to worry him more. You should tell him that you were stupified."

Darcy glared at him. "Don't be snarky, Harry. It's not a coincidence that your scar started hurting with You-Know-Who's mark."

"Can we just leave it?" Harry said, irritated that Darcy was so focused in him. "Darcy, you don't have to worry for me either."

Taken aback, Darcy pursed her lips. "Then who will?"

"The Weasley's," Harry said simply. "Hermione."

"Yeah, but they can't worry about you when you haven't told them," she said, her heart clenching with hurt. She shouldn't have expected so much, she'd met the boy last year, as Harry knew the Weasley's much longer. Darcy thought that since they both deeply cared for Sirius, it would make up for a close friendship.

Ron came in, passing Harry a bar and Darcy a bottle of water. "What've you guys been talking about?" he said.

"Nothing," the two chorused, and turned away from each other.