eleven ; hogwash

a/n: another chapter! published nov 19, 2016

Ophelia hugged the living life out of Darcy when the group got back from the port key.

"Jesus," her aunt squeaked, pushing back Darcy's hair from her face. "They stunned you! I will have a major talk with Crouch--"

"Already have, Ophelia," chimed in Mr. Weasley. "All last night when the kids were sleeping, I caught up with him--gave him an earful, that's right!"

Ophelia thanked Mr. Weasley, her face still engraved with the worried lines on her mouth. "I don't think I ever want to let you out of my sight again," she said, holding Darcy by the elbows.

Darcy widened her eyes. "Oh, please, don't!" she said, shaking her head violently.

"Why would they stun you!" screeched Ophelia, her face contorted with fury. "It's--it's not proper, you're--you both are just kids!"

"I dunno why," mumbles Darcy, her cheeks burning at the affection Ophelia gave her and Harry when he passed by. He was shocked when his body was pulled away from his destination, which was the couch. Ophelia hugged the two harder, then let go.

Ophelia began showing affection to Harry not long ago. Right after releasing Sirius, Ophelia saved Harry and Hermione by Remus when he turned to a werewolf. Her animagus form was a fox, and it was jumping all around the wolf who seemed to take a keen interest in the jumpy animal. 

"I love you guys," said Ophelia, her hands holding tight onto both of the kids. "Times are getting dark, Harry. It's been a short while, but I've held you both in my arms when you were babies..."

"Really?" Harry asked, his eyes meeting Ophelia. He shifted uncomfortably under her gaze.

"Sirius--oh it was adorable--took Darcy over to England a few evenings before your parents moved to Godric's Hollow," Ophelia said, though she trailed off at the look of discomfort between the two fourteen year olds.

"Haven't you got to she Remus, Ophelia?" asked Mrs. Weasley, who was starting to cook for dinner. "To help him?"

Harry perked at the mention of the ex-Defense teacher. "You've gone to see Remus?" Harry asked eagerly. If Ophelia was going to see Remus, it could mean that Sirius would be around. The few letter that Harry exchanged with Sirius always mentioned Ophelia taking care of the two men.

"Oh!" said Ophelia who was staring at the sun setting. "I have to go again, Darce. Keep safe, alright? You too, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Next time I'll be seeing you guys is at Hogwarts!" Then, she disapparated from the front door.

"You reckon she's in love?" Ginny asked Hermione from behind Darcy. "She always loves to talk about Professor Lupin."

"'Poor Remmy'," Darcy quoted, her smile turned upwards into a dry smile, "'he needs me, Darce, I've got to help him!'"

Hermione lightly punched Darcy's shoulder, giving her a disapproving glare. Yes, it was very apparent that Ophelia had been spending much more time with Remus and Sirius than she was with Darcy and Harry. Harry didn't mind it, he got letters from Sirius and that seemed good enough. On the other hand, Darcy had known Ophelia all her life, growing up thinking that somehow, Ophelia was her mother (even though Ophelia said otherwise). 

"Let her have her privacy," said Hermione and Ron snorted. "She's been separated from her brother for fourteen years, and hasn't had any contacts with Remus either. She deserves this."