twenty-nine; nott

a/n: unedited. published 12/26/16

So, I've finally recurited the three SLytherin's that I represent as my "Golden Trio".... HOPE YOU LIKE AND THANKS FOR THE 800 READS OVMGMGM

I love you guys. <3 Can't tell you how much it inspires me to know someones reading my trash ;))

After a clean-cut description of Sirius's well-being and a crisp letter sent to her father, Darcy headed down to the Great Hall the next morning. Owls were filling up the ceilings, and she spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione at their tables.

Sitting herself down and taking a few pieces of bacon, Darcy took notice of the massive gray owl that was near Hermione. Then, four barn owls, a brown owl, and a tawny.

What's this? asked Darcy with her pad of paper, her eyes scrunching at the number of owls at the table.

"Hermione said she subscribed to the Daily Prophet," said Ron, his eyes bewildered as Hermione took in a few of the letters.

"How many subscriptions did you take out?" said Harry, seizing Hermione's goblet before it was knocked over by the cluster of owls, all of whom were jostling close to her, trying to deliver their own letter first.

"What on earth —?" Hermione said, taking the letter from the gray owl, opening it, and starting to read. "Oh really!" she sputtered, going rather red.

"What's up?" said Ron.

"It's — oh how ridiculous —"

She thrust the letter at Harry, who saw that it was not handwritten but composed from pasted letters that seemed to have been cut out of the Daily Prophet.

You are a WickEd giRL. HarRy PotTER desErves BeTteR. GO back wherE you cAMe from mUGgle.

That's absurd! Darcy took the letter. They're including her blood status!?

"They're all like it!" said Hermione desperately, opening one letter after another. "'Harry Potter can do much better than the likes of you. .' 'You deserve to be boiled in frog spawn. .' Ouch!"

She had opened the last envelope, and yellowish-green liquid smelling strongly of petrol gushed over her hands, which began to erupt in large yellow boils.

"Undiluted bubotuber pus!" said Ron, picking up the envelope gingerly and sniffing it.

"Ow!" said Hermione, tears starting in her eyes as she tried to rub the pus off her hands with a napkin, but her fingers were now so thickly covered in painful sores that it looked as though she were wearing a pair of thick, knobbly gloves.

"You'd better get up to the hospital wing," said Harry as the owls around Hermione took flight. "We'll tell Professor Sprout where you've gone. . . "

Darcy placed an arm around Hermione's shoulders and squeezed, watching her as she left the Great Hall.

Darcy was about to scribble something on her pad, but a slight whoosh had made her stop. Two owls landed near her, placing one elegant letter...and...

"An Ilvermorny letter!" mouthed Darcy excitedly, her hands grabbing the letter in her hands and looking up happily at Harry and Ron.

"You got a letter from Ilvermorny?" said Ron. "Why would they want to contact you?"

I've sent out a letter to a friend of mine...but I received two letters back that were torn to bits...I think this is Pauline's letter!

"Is that the girl we saw at the Quidditch world cup?" asked Harry.