twenty-two ; versus

A/n: unedited. Published 12/14/16.

The library was silent, and all Darcy could do was wonder why Harry asked her.

There were plenty of other options. Harry could get any girl he wanted (well, a lot of girls asked him, but he denied them). Maybe it was because Darcy and Harry had a common family, Sirius. And maybe Harry thought it was easier to just ask her in general. The latter seemed a little more pleasing, though Darcy wasn't sure how she felt for the boy.

Harry was just a boy, who happened to have a lot of targets on his back. Never had Darcy ever imagined being friends with him, or even Hermione and Ron. America barely had any part with Voldemort on his first awakening, since they had dealt a lot of casualties with Grindlewald after his escape in 1928.

Darcy life had always been normal, except for her muteness. She'd been extremely ordinary at America, and being in Europe had changed her life. Darcy wouldn't change it though. The changes were eye-opening, they brought her into a new world.

America had started off rough with No-Majs, in fact, wizards hated them. Though, as time went by, with the Civil Rights Movement in the late sixties, it was clear that the Wizarding community could no longer segregate the two species. Black wizards had experienced the racism in America, and had argued that blood supremacist thoughts were just like racial discrimination.

It was this argument that endured Darcy to be intrigued by different cultures of the world. She read up on so many schools, that she dreamed to even be apart of the Global Confederation.

Darcy loved change now, though. SHe liked that things were moving at its course, to cave in a better world. She loved Ophelia for opening up Darcy's world in Europe. Just in general, Darcy was in love with her new life. She wasn't mute, she wasn't ignorant.

She wasn't alone for the Yule Ball.

"I''VE HEARD THE NEWS!" Hermione had yelled, right when Darcy walked out of the library.

Like a wave, Darcy was tipped back by the weight of Hermione in her hug. Hermione was sniffling, just like she did when Harry and Ron had made up.

"It's great! So great!" Hermione said, letting go of the hug. "I just, I thought you were going with George for a moment--but--but George had asked Jani! And then Ron--the poor fellow--asked Fleur barely half an hour ago!"

Darcy stared wide-eyed at Hermione. "Ron asked Fleur?"

"Oh, yeah," Hermione stiffed, though she was trying not to giggle. "It was horride. Ginny brought Ron into the Common Room right after Harry told me he asked you...Ron was compelled, because she was part-veela. Serves him right." Hermione snickered.

"But that's terrible," Darcy commented, her eyes dancing with humor. She'd heard how Ron managed to piss off Hermione about his subjective sexist comments about women.

The two had chatted at the Great Hall, everyone completely forgetting that Ron had asked Fleur. Cedric and Jani were sitting next to each other, their faces bright, when suddenly Darcy felt her head─

Jani Scamander was the eldest daughter of Atticus and Sandra Scamander and the sister of Rolf Scamander. The two were keen on their animals, just as their grandfather was and just how their father was. Jani would be finishing her years at Hogwarts and pursuing a job with Beast Care in the Ministry.

There was also the Beaxbatons seventh year student, sitting alongside Fleur Delacour with questioning eyes and concern. Her name was Phille Fleamont, her eyes a striking green that contrasted with her long and intense black hair. Her affliction was with Cedric Diggory, and apparently was very keen on him.

SILENT [1] || HARRY POTTER ⚡️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें