+-+ One +-+

Tw: none

++ DANNY'S VIEW ++

I never expected this to happen so soon.

Sitting in the parking lot outside the Grump Space, I was wiping my face off. No one needed to know that I've been crying for almost an hour.

Dana had called me. Avi was in the hospital- no one knew what was going on. Avi complained of chest pains and was throwing up, so my Mom took him to the emergency room last night.

Holly's car pulls into the parking lot, most likely dropping off Ross.

I decide to get out, no need to wallow in my self-pity for much longer.

"Hey Danny! Can you help with these boxes? It's for Table Flip today!" Holly says, her pink hair pinned in multiple places.

"Of course." I say sullenly, hoping she didn't notice.

Arin comes to hold the door, telling us the new room for Table Flip. Once inside, Holly sets the boxes down and stops me from leaving.

"Are you okay? Your face is all red." Holly genuinely looks concerned.

"Avi is sick Holly. He's in the hospital." I say, hoping she catches how much this actually means to me.

"Come here." Holly pulls me into a hug, telling me it'll be okay.

"What's going on?" Suzy asks, walking into the room in her Table Flip dress.

"Danny is flying home. Avi is in the hospital." Holly says, which I agree too.

"Go tell Arin. He'll be okay." Suzy says, squeezing my hand as I pass by her.

Arin is unloading video games from boxes, trying to organise them by system and title. I join for a few minutes, trying to build my confidence.

"I need to go home. Avi is sick." I say, setting an old NES game on the shelf.

"Go home. Call me when you land alright?" Arin says, hugging me.

"Of course. I'll tell you if anything goes south."