+-+ Twelve +-+

tw: self hatred if you look hard enough

+-+ PATTY'S VIEW +-+

"Someone come with me." I say, lifting Danny off the floor.

The room is dead silent, except for the occasional hiccup from me as I'm trying to catch my breath. No one comes over to help as I push the curly hair away from Danny's face.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, not caring who is was but caring immediately when they pull me off of Dan.

"I'm calling 9-11. Patty you need to step back." Suzy says.

"Suzy please. The one time I'm not fucking there for him- he's going to die on me." I say, harshly wiping my eyes before noticing the blood on them and cry even harder.

"I- I didn't know." Aubree says, which gets me to stand back up and walk over to her.

"Of course you fucking didn't you selfish cunt. His dad just fucking died! So you decide the best time to tell him to kill himself is when he has probably been debating it for a while!" I say, the muscles in my arms flexing.

"I didn't think he would actually fucking kill himself." Aubree said, making her way to Barry.

"What do you think would fucking happen you dumb bitch? He wasn't walking outside to greet someone!" I yell back at her, the accent from New Jersey popping back into place as Arin holds me back.

"Aubree- leave. We're done. Get out." Barry says, tears brimming his eyes, "No one fucks with my best friend. Get out."

"But bear! You love me!" Aubree says, trying her hardest to fight back.

"Not anymore. Get your shit out of the apartment and leave. Don't you ever contact me again." Barry says, in which Aubree leaves the building, the door slamming hard behind her.
+-+

"Is anyone related to this man?" A paramedic asks, checking Dan's pulse a few minutes after Aubree ran out crying.

"I'm his boyfriend and these are his coworkers." I say, my hands shaking as I try to keep my voice from doing the same.

"His name is Leigh Daniel Avidan. Previous suicide attempts are on his record, along with a prescription for anti-depressants. I think they put him on Lexapro. He is 36 years old." Suzy says, stepping in for me as tears are pouring out of my eyes.

"Thank you miss. You can follow behind us- but only immediate family can-" The paramedic speaking it cut off by a man yelling in the back.

"Derek! Get your ass over here! We're going to lose him!"

The man runs off, as I grip hard on the table. My legs starting to shake as I realise something.

Danny has no idea- he has no idea how much I love him. He has no idea how much he has done for me. Danny has no idea how much he is changed me.

Danny has done a lot for me, even just me moving to California was a good thing. Little did my boyfriend know, he saved me from a lot of bad stuff.

"Patty? You alright?" Arin asks and I sigh.

"I need to- fuck I don't know what to do." I say, pushing the faded hair out of my face.

"Sit down first. I'll force someone to make you tea." Suzy says, as Arin walks to the kitchen area.

Suzy moves me to the couch and wraps me in a blanket. Arin brings me the tea, and out of the corner of my eye, I see Ross comforting Barry.

"You didn't have to do that Barry. I can tell you really liked her." I say holding the mug in my shaking hands.

"I had too. Danny is my best friend- he comes first." Barry says and Suzy scoffs quietly next to me.

"We need to go to the hospital. We can take separate cars but I know someone needs to go." Ross states.

"I'll take a car with Patty. Arin get with Barry and Ross." Suzy says as I softly sip the tea and keep the tears at bay.

"I'm coming too. No need for me to stay at the office alone." Kevin says and I nod.

((I may have teased at Patty's character developing a lot. You really just get to know more about what Patty feels.

I promise he won't be a mystery forever! I may post a separate chapter describing his features and how I came up with this character.

Remember to love yourself!
-Kells))