+-+ Seven +-+

tw: marijuana and self hatred

The next morning, I wake up before Patty and almost scream when I see the both of us naked. I get dressed and quickly put boxers on Patty.

We had sex last night.

I immediately start to type in Arin's number and take a hit off the half-cooked pot in the bong.

"What's up dude?" Arin starts and I smile, realising we haven't spoken in a couple of days which is rare for us.

"Well- Avi has tuberculosis and should heal. And I fucked an old college friend last night." I say, stepping outside so Patty couldn't hear me.

"Woah! Good for you man! Who is she?" Arin asks and that's when I bit my lip.

"His name is Patty. I woke up next to him and decided to call you-" Arin's line is silent for a few moments.

"My best friend is gay and didn't even tell me! I don't give two shits who you have sex with but I'm glad Avi will be okay. I have to record with Ross in a few- I will call you later alright?" Arin states and we say goodbye and hang up.

Stepping back into the apartment, I cash the bong and lay on the couch. Thinking about how I approach Patty on this.

"Hey." Patty says on the stairs, coming to join me while I'm loading a bowl.

"Hey. Do you remember anything that happened last night?" I ask and he shakes his head no.

"I woke up with you gone. That's all I know." He says and I nod, trying not to feel upset about it.
++

For the next few days, I'm quieter around Patty and my family. I started crying myself to sleep again and I have the urge to hurt myself more than ever.

"Are you okay man? What's going on?" Patty asked while we were watching an episode of Futurama.

"Why wouldn't I be okay? My dad's healthy and I feel better about myself." I said looking over at him.

"Okay- you've been distant lately and I wanted to make sure." Patty replied, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

I let the episode play and halfway through the introduction for the next episode, I pause it. I look over at Patty's confused face and lightly press my lips to his.

"We had sex a few days ago and I really like you. That's what's bothering me- because you act like nothing happened and that it didn't mean anything." I say, lightly rubbing my thumb on his cheek before leaving the couch.

When I turn to leave, Patty grabs my forearm and I let out a quiet curse. Patty doesn't seem to notice, but pulls me closer to kiss me.

This kiss is softer, sweeter than any other kiss we have shared. Patty is properly holding my hand now, moving himself upwards so I won't have to lean down as much.

"I know. I didn't want to say anything in case we got awkward." Patty said and I gave him a semi-smile.

"I've wanted to be with you since college- when we first met I knew we had a connection. Letting you leave to California broke my heart, and I knew we would loose contact. I thought I lost my chance." Patty said, moving to push the hair out of my face.

I smile, a few tears sliding down my face. Patty wipes them off quickly, keeping me from crying harder.

"What are we? Like friends that fucked once and feel the same or?" I ask, still standing behind the couch.

"I guess in the practice stages of being a couple. Let's not put a label on it right now." Patty says and I nod.

Before I turn to go upstairs, Patty holds me in place. I turn around to him pulling my sleeve up, revealing even more angry red lines than I've had in months. My chest is tightening as Patty moves the tips of his fingers to count them.

"Come here." Patty says, opening his arms to gesture a hug.

I am immediately around the couch, tightly holding on to his shirt and letting him hold me like a small child. A few more tears make their way down my face, I try to ignore them and cuddle into Patty more.

"What are you trying to battle?" Patty asks, playing with my hair.

"Myself- I just hate myself." I say softly, wiping tears off my face.

Patty nods, continuing to play with my hair or rub my back. When I have finally calmed down, I move to be sitting in his lap. We watch Futurama in this position.