+-+ Eight +-+

tw: marijuana, self harm, and self hatred

++ DANNY'S VIEW ++

"Danny! Go left- you're not going to right way!" Ross exclaimed as he was laughing from what Arin had said.

"No one told me where to go." I say softly, moving the joysticks lazily to move the character.

Ross decides to start the recording, neither of them noticing how bad my mood was. I immediately cover it up when I see the game come up, trying to crack jokes.

My character is shoved off my Ross's spawn, causing me to die. In the time it takes for me to respawn, the level was complete.

They complete a few more levels, until they notice I'm just walking my character off the map.

"Dan- what's going on?" Arin asks, cutting the episode off and deciding to trash it.

"I'm not needed in the game. You guys are having a blast." I say bluntly, biting my lip.

"Dude. You've been like this since you went home. What's going on?" Ross asks and I shrug playing with my sleeves.

"I guess my mind is just cluttered. I'm dating someone and being on the other side of the country fucking sucks." I say, and Ross pats my back.

"Go call. Take a break and come back when you're ready. Ross and I will record a few without you." Arin says and I nod.

I walk to get my phone and head out the door. Walking to my car, a few tears slide down my cheeks. Furiously wiping them off, more start to fall.

I sit in my car, resting my head against the steering wheel. My body crumpling as I start to sob, barely able to hear my phone going off.

Patty was requesting a FaceTime call, which I accept and quickly wipe my face off.

"Hey baby. What's wrong?" Patty asks, his tone completely changing.

"What isn't wrong?" I ask, leaning to my glovebox to pull out a pipe and a small bag of pot.

"Babe- come on. I'm not with you and I care so much. What's going on?" Patty asks, and I load the pipe and grab a lighter.

"I'm not coming home to anyone. I honestly have nothing to look foreword too every night." I say, bringing the pipe to my mouth.

I immediately panic when I see Suzy walking to the car. Trying to hide the pot and ash from her view.

"Dan? We need to talk." Suzy says softly and I say goodbye to Patty, promising to call him after I record.

"What's up?" I ask following her into the Grump building.

I follow her to the bathroom and immediately panic when she had laid out the blood covered toilet paper.

"What's this from?" Suzy asks closing the door behind me.

"I've been hurting myself for a few years now." I say softly pulling up my jacket sleeves.

Both forearms covered in some scars or fresh cuts from this morning. Little did anyone know, more were on my thighs and shoulders.

"Why didn't you say anything to us Danny? We could've helped." Suzy says flushing the toilet paper and placing her cold hands on my arms.

"I didn't want to worry you. It started right after Starbomb started, I just panicked and no one knew how much the stress was getting to me." I say, and Suzy sighs.

A few tears dropping off of her face, them being tinted a light grey from her eyeliner.

"I'm trying to get better. I got a boyfriend and I am really trying to get better." I say and Suzy nods.

"Call me if something like this is going to happen. I want you to get better Danny, I really do." Suzy says.

I agree, hugging her tightly. A few more minutes pass until she has calmed down enough to dry her eyes.

"But your eyeliner still looks perfect." I say and she laughs.

As we leave the bathroom I message Patty.

'Suzy found blood covered toilet paper and I had to tell her I was hurting myself again.'

He response almost immediately, explaining that I shouldn't be hurting myself over him being so far away. I try to explain it's not him being far, but that I just feel lonely without him.

'I'll give a two week notice at work. Clean out some space in your house- I'm moving in with my boyfriend.'

I'm in a state of shock for a minute, but immediately respond saying that I will.

'Be safe baby boy. I'll be there soon.' Patty texts.

I stay in the hall for a moment, trying to let the blush in my cheeks die down. I push my sleeves down and go back into the recording room.

"Why are you all smiley?" Arin asked, Ross no where in the room.

"He put in a two week notice and he is going to fly out here to be with me." I say and Arin smiled, setting his water on the table.

"I'm happy for you man. But who is this guy?" Arin asked, and I walked over going through my photos.

"His name is Patrick. We were good friends in high school and college, but lost contact when I moved here." I said, showing photos of us from my trip.

Trying to pass through photos of us doing smoke tricks. That's the last thing I want them to know about, even though I know I came into work smelling like weed. Immediately when I came back from Jersey, I went to get legalised, knowing I wanted to smoke but be legal.

"He's adorable Dan. Hopefully I'll meet him- now let's record. Suzy told us you were sick, so we will try to cook through this session so you can go home and sleep." Arin said and I nodded, Ross entering the room.

We started recording a different game, maybe working for another four or five hours. When midnight rolls around, Arin transfers the episodes to the computer and starts saving them.

"Don't come in tomorrow. Come back when you feel a little better." Arin said as I leave the office.

I get into my car, driving home as fast as I can. Wanting to crash immediately, missing the feeling of my bed.