+-+ Twenty Two +-+

tw: self harm

++ PATTY'S VIEW ++

"Go see Dan. He ran off before we could catch him." Dana says, grabbing my arm tightly

"Of course." I say, then immediately see the worry in her eyes.

Dana points down the hall she saw him run down and walks off with her mom.

I follow her directions and walk down the hall. From outside the thick door I can hear Danny sobbing.

I open the door and shut it quietly behind me, walking to the only closed stall. I stand there for a moment, giving Danny enough time to catch his breath.

"You wanna talk about it? Or just want a hug?" I ask and I hear a loud sigh.

"Call Dana please. I need some bandages-" Danny says and my mind immediately goes dark.

Danny opens the stall, a bundle of toilet paper tightly pressed to his arm. The toilet paper dotted with blood and having large lakes of blood in some areas.

I nod getting out my phone and opening my arm for Danny to lay his head on my shoulder.

"Dana? Are you still here?" I ask, tightly wrapping my arm around Danny's waist.

"I just left. Should I turn around?" Dana asks and I can start to hear the panic and worry in her tone.

"Head to the nearest store and get bandages or something. Then head back. Danny needs you." I say, Danny's sobs starting back up again.

"I'll be there in like five minutes." Dana says before hanging up.

I slide my phone into my pocket and move to properly hug my boyfriend. Holding him tight to my chest, hoping that the gesture would show him that I cared.

"I panicked-" Danny starts but gets cut off by his sobs.

"Don't explain it to me baby. Relapsing is completely normal and I'm proud of you for being honest with me." I say, and Danny nods sniffing.

We manage to get into a room on the same hallway. Not getting caught by any family members as I shut the door and turn on the light. I text Dana the room and sit on the ground. Danny climbs into my lap and wraps a single arm around my neck the other lying in between us.

"I love you. You know that right? I don't do this to hurt you. I do this because I don't know how else to cope- I've been cutting myself for so long that it's all I know." Danny says, playing with my hair.

"I love you too baby. I understand completely." I say kissing side of his head and tightening my grip around his waist.

Dana comes into the room a few minutes after, crouching on the ground. She is silent as she hands me the bag with bandages to wrap his arm.

I can tell Danny is uncomfortable, biting hard on his bottom lip the moment his wrist is exposed. Wrapping as quick as possible, trying to keep Dana from seeing them trailing all the way up his forearm. Not wanting Dana to see how deep some of them were, or how they seemed to overlap and be jagged as if caused by rage.
+-+-+

"Do you want a shower or something?" I ask Danny as he flops onto the bed.

"Not really." Danny says sitting back up and patting the spot next to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask and Danny shrugs.

"I just feel shitty you know? I haven't dealt with death a lot in my family. It's just something I haven't encountered. I was already in a bad place and adding this on top was too much." Danny says placing a hand on my thigh.

"Do you want to know something? Something I haven't told anyone?" Playing with my fingers as I ask.

"What's on your mind?" Danny asks, changing positions so my head is on his shoulder.

"If you didn't come over that night, I was planning to drive to New York the next morning and jump off the Brooklyn Bridge." I say, looking straight down at my lap.

++ DANNY'S VIEW ++

"My parents verbally abused me at home so I went to that shitty apartment. Deal was that I dealt drugs and the apartment would be rent free. So I did- occasionally giving blowjobs for better drugs." Patty says wiping the few tears off his face.

"I kept a gun under my bed, loaded and everything. Thinking that one day I would have the courage to pull the trigger. I would take lighters to my arms and legs, or starve myself." Patty seriously starts to break down in harsh sobs as he curls into himself.

Moving Patty, I lay him down and take off his suit and get him into one of my big shirts. Changing myself I get back in bed with him, cuddling him to my chest.

"You know how much I love you right?" I say rubbing his back.

"You are the Batman to my Robin. The lighthouse to my ship. I would be so lost without you and I am so proud of you for overcoming all of that." I say and Patty laughs a little at my analogy.

"But I've been cutting everywhere babe. They are on my thighs and shoulders. When you fell asleep I snuck off to go cut myself and cry in the bathroom." I say and Patty places a hand on my cheek.

"Let's just take a small nap. We will feel better later alright?" Patty says setting an alarm on his phone.

"I fucking love you- you stupid lighthouse." Patty says laughing at himself as he cuddles into my chest.

"I love you too- my little boat."

((Fuck guys that was adorable.

I had a girlfriend call me the "Doctor to her Rose" and to this day I can't watch the Doctor and Rose episodes without thinking of her.

So I tried to bring this girl into the story. And hello- more information on Patrick! He's one sappy dude you guys.

Remember to love yourself!! -Kells❤))