+-+ Thirty Nine +-+

tw: self hatred, suicide scene found, marijuana, and fluff

((I am putting the suicide scene found in bold))

++ DANNY'S VIEW ++

My leg was bouncing the entire time we sat and waited for news. Stomach growling as I refused to eat anything because I knew it wouldn't settle and I'd throw it back up.

As a doctor walked into the room, she came over to Suzy and asked who was the most related to him. When I said that we were engaged, she motioned me away from Suzy and Arin.

"Patrick is on a suicide watch." The doctor says, as we walk to the front desk.

"A seventy two hour period where he is kept under serious watch and kept from attempting it again. But no visitors are allowed and perhaps for a few days afterwards as well." She explains, "We will be putting him on medication for depression as well. Is there anything we need to know before we start anything?"

"He was raped a few weeks ago by one of my ex-coworkers. So I don't know how well he would be with any male doctors." I say, pulling down on the jacket sleeves.

Arin went home and brought me a jacket because I was shivering so hard. The jacket also hid where I was scrapping my knuckles on the concrete ground outside. Little did Arin know this was Patty's jacket and I just held it close, the soft smell of him relaxing.

"Thank you. We will call you if anything changes now please, go home and get some sleep." She says before walking away.

"Can I stay with you guys for a few days?" I ask Arin and he nods, knowing that I couldn't go back to the apartment and be there alone.

"I'll just get clothes and meet you there? I'll take Suzy's car." I say and Suzy handed me the keys.

"Danny?" Suzy says grabbing my arm before I could get far enough away.

"Please be careful okay?" She says and I can see the sternness in her eyes.

"Did he leave a note or anything?" I ask softly and she let's go of my arm.

"Yeah- I'll let you read it at the house. Go get some clothes and meet us at home." Suzy says rubbing my back softly before letting me walk away.

"Please Danny. Go straight to the house- don't take this out on yourself okay?" She says before kissing the side of my head.

I leave the hospital and walk across the street to the parking garage, hitting the panic button on the keys on every floor. Before finally finding it on the fourth floor, one away from the top.

Climbing in, I crank the car and sit there in silence. Before resting my head on the steering wheel and trying to catch my breath. He's alive but that doesn't mean he's okay.

As I make my way to the apartment, I try to mentally prepare myself for what I'm going to see. Suzy didn't warn me specifically but did tell me that I shouldn't take this out on myself.

Pulling into the parking space I sigh, texting Suzy that I arrived safely.

The apartment was extremely dark, the time outside not helping me see. But knowing the apartment like the back of my hand, I make it upstairs to the bedroom without turning on a light.

I sit on the bed, not even bothering to pack as I reach for the pipe on the nightstand. It was half loaded and I knew where we kept the pot in case I needed to load it again. Finding a lighter next to it, I run the flame across. I couldn't care less if I smelt like weed; I felt dead inside and maybe this would help.