+-+ Twenty One +-+

tw: none

"Breathe. Don't stress yourself out over this." Patty says, wrapping his arms around my waist.

He's looking at my reflection in the mirror as I furiously wipe the few tears off my cheeks. Patty is softly whispering loving things to me as I blankly stare at my reflection.

"Get a shower alright? I'll see you afterwards." Patty kisses my cheek and squeezes my waist before walking away.

I step into the shower, wincing when the water hits my body. The cutting was moved to shoulders and upper arms to keep everyone from worrying. Patty didn't need to know how much everything was hurting me.

Showering itself was always fast for me, short or long hair. The hard part was getting dressed around the reopening cuts. It was just uncomfortable to be like this, taking the pain and torturing myself with it.

"Danny? Hey. Are you sure you're ready for this?" Patty asks as I step out of the bathroom.

"I will never be ready for this. So let's get it over with." I say, grabbing his hand and walking out of the hotel room.

The cab ride was uncomfortable, our driver wasn't very talkative or friendly. But I guess it was a shitty start to my shitty day.

Walking through the clusters of people felt uncomfortable, as if I was forced to be around a ton of strangers. Not in a convention kind of way, but a group of strangers who haven't seen me since I was a baby.

The family had to stand at the front of the church and have everyone come by and say condolences. Most of my family just walked by me, now I was being shunned by them for being gay.

My biggest fear was finally coming true. I wasn't the perfect son anymore, I was the disappointment.

Sitting with Patty was better, tightly holding his hand and hearing him occasionally whisper positive things at me.

"Avi had specially requested that his only son Leigh should speak." The pastor says and I lightly kiss Patty's cheek before walking up.

"I would start off by saying how great he was, but in my mind Avi honestly didn't go anywhere. He left so many great stories and humour behind that I doubt he will ever be gone." I start, "Even at my job I've mentioned Avi on multiple occasions, people all over the world hear about him. Pretty much on a daily basis the views on every Avi video increases and so many people hear how funny he was."

Continuing with as many stories as possible, trying to get people to laugh about him instead of crying over him.

It took a lot in me not to go on a small side road to Avi accepting me as gay. But I tried to be the better person and just let it go.

I step off the stage and walk back to Patty, tightly grabbing his hand. The funeral continues, but it all goes in a blur.

My mind is completely elsewhere for the rest of the service. Focusing on the way the lights flickered or the light blue of Avi's tie. Occasionally seeing my family glare at Patty and I, looking away quickly as I catch their glance.

"Family has requested that the burial be family only. You are welcome to stay until the family returns."

Dana had said in a text last night, that Mom requested Patty not come, which I respect. I lightly kiss his cheek before leaving the building with my sister and mother.

The car ride was awkward, all of us sniffling and staring out the windows. No one knew what to say to make us smile, or break the silence.
+-+-+

The group of close family members standing in the middle of a cemetery was extremely cliché and a little awkward.

Everyone was in tears but me.

Everyone was holding each other for support.

Then there was me.

Straight faced with dead eyes as I watched the casket holding my father get lowered into the ground. Entirely numb to the situation, barely hearing anything other than the sound of my heart beating.

Some family left at this point, unable to handle the truth of what was coming. Then there was just Dana and I left.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dana asked looking over at me and I shrug.

"I'm not completely sure to be honest. Shouldn't I be crying? Or at least hurt? I feel nothing." I said pushing the hair away from my face.

"Crying doesn't help everyone. We will get you back alright? Patty can talk with you." Dana said and I nodded.

Walking to the car was when it finally hit me that my father was really gone. Avi was not pulling a prank, he seriously died.

I won't see him again when I get off a flight. His goofy smile when he talks about Game Grumps, Ninja Sex Party, or Starbomb.

I won't have my fun-loving dad around anymore.

I break down in the car, a few tears falling down my cheeks. The voices starting as a soft whisper before turning into a loud roar.

"Danny wait!" Dana calls after me as I run into the church.

No one needed to see me sobbing or cutting myself.

((Good day my loves! It's a little early but I am really in the mood to write!
If you haven't go check out my new story, it's an Egobang and if it's not your thing don't worry about it!
Remember to love yourself! -Kells ❤))