+-+ Sixteen +-+

tw: slight self harm

++ PATTY'S VIEW ++

I would say that the first week was the worst. It was the worst week of my life.

Going to the Grump office was okay but I always came in through the side or back door. The front door was hard enough to look at, let alone walk through.

"Why aren't you eating?" Holly asked, pointing to the half-full bowl of food in front of me.

I would shrug and push it away. Immediately feeling horrible that someone had paid for me not to eat. Or someone had spent hours cooking for me to be a dick and not eat.

I stopped going to the Grump office when I threw up in the bathroom. I was throwing up for days before, but when it happened at the office I panicked and drove home.

I couldn't even sleep in the bed Dan and I shared. I slept on the couch downstairs, telling myself I didn't deserve a blanket.
++

Today makes the twelve day without Danny.

I had tried eating small things again such as soup or toast but they just hurt. My heart hurt. Knowing that Danny was somewhere hurting, made me miss him more.

I was suppose to take care of him. That's what a boyfriend does.

The knocking on the door broke my thoughts, all the blinds were closed so I couldn't tell who it was until I opened the door.

"You haven't talked to any of us in five days Patty. What's going on? Please." Suzy says, pushing herself into the apartment.

The apartment was completely dark accept for the one living room lamp that I kept on. The table was covered in ash, lighters, and a few boxes of cigarettes. The box with blunts in I tossed under the couch to keep her from seeing them.

"Sit at the kitchen table." Suzy pointed, and I nodded walking over to it.

I sat silent as Suzy made coffee and a thing of soup to force me to eat. My stomach was growling intensely, hurting enough to bring tears to my eyes.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Suzy says, setting the bowl and mug in front of me.

"I keep thinking about him laying almost dead at my feet. The blood covering my hands and the look of pure bliss on his face." I say, holding the warm coffee in my hands.

"I keep thinking that he tried to kill himself to get away from me. And by his failed attempt was a shot to me. That I'm not good enough to be with him. That I can't take care of my own boyfriend." The tears are pouring out of my eyes.

I'm trying my best to hold the mug still so I can drink out of it but it takes a few deep breaths before I drink from the mug. The warm beverage makes me feel a little better but my stomach is still growling and making my entire body clench.

"When did you eat last?" Suzy asks and I stare at the floor.

"Maybe a day or two?" I say almost as a question, completely unsure.

"I'm so close to admitting you into the same mental hospital as Danny. But I know I can take care of you if you let me." Suzy says sternly, "Eat the soup. It's the easiest thing on your stomach."

I lift the entire bowl of tomato soup and drink it, as if it was a hot beverage. Once the bowl is empty Suzy holds my hand tightly.

"I want you to come stay with Arin and I. We have an empty room upstairs that you can stay in." Suzy says and I nod.

"Go pack some stuff and I'll clean up a little down stairs."

I grabbed the full box of cigarettes and the one with blunts in it before going upstairs. Tossing clothes in a bag was easy, the part that hurt the most was walking into the upstairs bathroom.

There were tissues and a washcloth covered in my blood. The five deep cuts on my wrist still burning from the other day. I take the soap from the shower and stop when I see the pocket knife on the floor.

"Patty? Are you alright?" Suzy calls and I quickly grab the knife before saying I'll be down soon.

((Good day/night loves! I'm sorry to leave it on a weird chapter like this but- Patty needed more information about him. More will come out as I write the chapters.

Remember to love yourself!
-Kells))