+-+ Ten +-+

tw: suicide attempt

+-+ PATTYS VIEW +-+

Rolling over in the bed without feeling Danny immediately sends me into a panic. I search the entire apartment, finding him in a locked bathroom.

"Babe? Are you alright?" I ask, knocking on the door softly.

"Yeah." Danny says back, his voice harsh as if he was forcing me to go away.

"Then why is the door locked?" I ask and he sighs.

"Because I don't want you seeing me like this." Danny's voice softens, almost as if he's trying not to cry.

"I'm your boyfriend Danny. I don't care what you look like, I am here for you." I say and he sighs.

"My phone is on the dresser. Can you call Suzy?" Danny asks.

"Of course. I'll be right back okay?" I say walking away from the door.

His phone reads midnight, and I'm hoping Suzy is still awake. I hit call on her contact and pace around the room.

"It's midnight Danny." Suzy says and I sigh.

"It's his boyfriend-Patty. He's locked in the bathroom and-"

"I'm on my way." She says, hanging up and it breaks my heart knowing this has happened before.

I return to the bathroom door to hear Danny sobbing. I sit on the ground, letting a few tears fall as I place my hand on my face. Cringing as I hear him throwing up as well.

I didn't know what was going on or why he didn't want his boyfriend. I am just hoping Suzy knows what to do.

"Hey babe? Suzy is on her way." I say once I've stopped crying, leaning against the wall. Danny doesn't say a word.

+-+

"I'll go inside follow behind." Suzy says, getting the key from Danny and I's room to open the bathroom door. 

"Hey Danny. How are you?" Suzy asks, sitting on the floor in front of him.

"I've been crying for three hours. What do you think?" Dan snips back at her. Dan's eyes are a deep red, his entire face red and blotchy.

"I'm sorry. Why have you been crying? Can you tell me?" Suzy asks and Dan closes his mouth, then harshly shakes his head no.

"That's okay. Have you done anything?" Suzy asks, in which Dan gives a soft nod.

"I've been throwing up for a while," Dan starts and moves his arm off of his chest.

"Can Patty stay with you while I get the first aid kit?" Suzy asks.

"Yeah."

Suzy leaves the room, Dan immediately crawling over to me.

"I need to tell you what happened." Danny says, taking a few deep breaths.

"When you got in the shower- my mom called. Mom told me to sit down, and then told me my dad died. He had a heart attack in his sleep." Dan says, playing with his fingers which are missing small layers of skin.

"Babe- why didn't you wake me up?" I ask, wrapping my arm around his shoulders and pulling him into my side.

"I didn't want you too see me like this- Suzy and Barry saw way too many nights of this." Dan says, Suzy entering the room.

"He's not wrong Patty. I've come over a lot of times to this- well not this bad. He's passed out a few times from blood loss, he had an eating disorder on and off as well." Suzy says, cleaning off Danny's arm with a towel dipped in water.

"Blood loss?" I ask, in which Danny grabs my hand and laces our fingers together.

"One night while Barry was out with his now fiancée Aubree- I panicked. I'm thirty-five and had no one at the time. I tried calling everyone and no one answered. I figured everyone had better things to do than worry about some suicidal guy in his bedroom at two in the morning." Dan started, leaning into me as much as possible.

"I was already on my way when I heard his voicemail- pretty much sobbing as he is begging me to come over. Once I arrived- I ran inside and to Danny's room. Danny looked to be asleep on his bed, but when I moved closer blood was staining the sheets. A straight and deep cut following the artery in his forearm." Suzy finishes.

I can immediately see the scar, trying to keep myself from crying about it. Danny needs me just as much as I need him.

I softly kiss the side of his head as Suzy is placing the bandage. Danny is still in tears, his entire body shaking even though I know my body should be keeping him warm.

"What caused this? You don't have to tell me but it-" Dan placed his finger on Suzy's lips.

"Avi had a heart attack Suzy. He's gone." Danny says, his shoulders dropping as he grips my hand tighter.

"Oh my god Danny- Do you want me to stay?" Suzy asks, lifting Danny's face up.

"I should be okay. I may not come into work. I should really go home." Danny says and Suzy agrees.

"Call me if you need anything alright?" Suzy says, before leaving the bathroom.

Once the front door shuts behind Suzy, Danny moves to rest his head on my shoulder before sobbing. I wrap my arms around him, holding him closer to my chest so he feels as safe as possible.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to go this far. It's just- I panicked and I didn't know what to do. I forgot someone was here to help-" Danny starts, hiccuping and sniffling.

"It's okay baby. You're okay. I'm here now and that's what matters." I say, kissing the top of his head.

Danny holds me tighter, moving his arms to wrap around my neck. No matter how many times I suggested we move to the bed, he keeps saying no and holding me tighter.

"Okay. Let's move. This is not comfortable." Danny says, standing up.

I stand up with him, grabbing his hand and leading him to the bed. Danny goes under the sheets, immediately cuddling into my side.

"Hey babe? Can I tell you something?" Danny asked, looking up and rubbing my face.

Danny mumbles something, moving to hide his neck in my face. I can feel the warmth in his face, the few tears on my neck makes me realise how terrified He was to repeat it.

"I am not sure what you said- but I love you Danny." I say, laughing a little.

"You actually love me too?" Danny says looking up at me.

"Of course I do, I wouldn't have flown across the country if I didn't." I say leaning to kiss the top of his forehead.

"I love you too." Danny says pulling the blanket over us and going back to sleep.

((Long chapter!
I'm sorry Patty is still kind of anonymous, I may make a post explaining who he is and how I created him. He develops more in the later chapters.

Remember to love yourself!
-Kells))