+-+ Fifteen +-+

tw: none

++ PATTY'S VIEW ++

I follow the Nurse's instructions and take the stairs instead of the elevator. Knowing that I needed more time to calm myself down.

I had his clothes, phone, and wallet in my arms. His shirt was a white band tee, now stained with the darkening colour of his blood.

Once in the lobby, I stay by the staircase door and tightly hold all of his stuff to my chest. That's when his phone goes off with a text alert, showing me his lock screen.

His lock screen was an older photo of us surrounded by a cloud of smoke. In the photo I have a hand in his hair and am forcing him into the kiss more.

The text was from his sister Dana, asking if he knew about Dad. I re-lock the phone and walk over to all of his friends.

"Hey- what's happening?" Holly asks, walking over and pulling me into a hug.

"Mental hospital." I say softly, "Dana texted him and I don't know what to say."

"I'll go outside with you and we can call her." Arin says and I leave Holly's hug.

I set the rest of his stuff down, folding the shirt a different way to hide the mass amounts of blood.

"Are you sure you want to call her?" I ask Arin outside and he shrugs.

"It's her brother. She needs to know what's going on. Even if it hurts her." Arin says and I unlock Danny's phone.

I go to her contact and click call, setting the phone on speaker. The tone signals as we wait for her to pick up, me biting my hand and Arin tapping his foot.

"Danny? Hey." Dana says, her voice already in a fragile state.

"Hey Dana it's Arin." Arin states, taking the phone out of my shaking hand.

"Oh my god- what happened?"

"Danny failed a suicide attempt." Arin said, my hands shaking even harder as the words leave his mouth.

Dana chokes on a sob, before she drops the phone. I can tell Arin is forcing himself to stay strong, and it hurts me even more because so many people care about him. And to Danny, he feels completely alone. It takes a few moments for her to pick it up and sigh hard.

"Is he going to be okay?" Dana asks, and Arin hands the phone to me.

"You know more than I do Pat." Arin says and I sigh.

"Hey Dana. It's Patty. I- They moved him to physiatrics a few minutes ago and are keeping him there because he is a danger to himself and society." I say, holding the phone tightly in my hand.

"Wait- Patty? Did you and Dan finally get together?" Dana asks.

"Yeah. But that's not the point right now." I say, biting on my bottom lip sounding angrier than I meant.

"Thanks for calling me. Keep me updated if you can alright?" Dana says and I agree hanging up and holding his phone in my hand tightly.

"Will you be okay alone in the apartment?" Arin asks and I nod, knowing Danny and I have a couple capsules of weed.

"Call me or Suzy if you need anything alright? We need to keep you safe."