+-+ Thirty Two +-+

tw: abuse and self harm

++ DANNY'S VIEW ++

"Good luck with your cry baby Daniel." Barry says as he walks past me and to his car.

"What did you fucking do to him!" I yell after him and he just laughs.

"Got what he deserved." Barry says and shuts his car door.

I run inside the office, Suzy pointing down the hall. The door was cracked, just enough to see inside to where Patty was sitting on the floor. His arms wrapped tightly around his knees as he stared at the wall.

"Babe? You okay?" I ask, walking in and sitting next to him.

"Don't touch me." Patty says, using his arms to push me away.

"What happened?" I ask, placing a hand on his wrist before letting go immediately.

His arm was wet and by the look on his face he was terrified. Tears were streaming down his face, which was a deep red from sobbing. His eyes were a faded colour of his natural irises, holding more than just regret but I couldn't pinpoint every emotion behind the eyes that's terrified me.

"Let me get you bandaged up first." I say and stand up.

Ross catches me in the hall and gives me the first aid kit.

"I was looking for it. He let me in but won't tell me what happened. Be careful alright?" Ross says and I nod.

"Thank you Ross. I'll try my hardest." I say, giving him a quick hug before walking back to the Grump Room.

I step back into the room, shutting the door behind me. Looking down, more cuts have come across his arm. Some on his forearm and wrist, the others on the outside of his arm.

"No- please. If you love me you'd let me die-" Patty says, pushing me away from him a complete arms length away.

"I'm not letting you kill yourself." I say, grabbing his other arm and trying to be a gentle as I could.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Patty yells, throwing me off of him and kicking at me to get away.

"Please- just let me die. I deserve it." Patty says, tears streaming down his face as his bottom lip quivers.

"I'm not loosing the love of my life. Just let me help you." I say softly, opening the first aid kit.

"Danny please- I'm just a fuck up. I don't deserve to be the love of your life." Patty says, pushing the fringe away from his face.

"What did Barry do to you?" I ask and he just shivers, a few hard sobs leaving his throat.

I grab his arm softly, bandaging it up and pushing the hair off his forehead. Laying a soft kiss against his temple, he moves to wrap his arms around me.

"I just want a shower- I want to go home and be with you." Patty says in between sobs as he holds onto me as tight as he could.

"I'll talk to Arin." I say, taking my jacket off and giving it to him.

Patty gladly puts it on, slightly too big which made it even more adorable. Before he grabs my hand and follows closely behind me like he was my shadow.

"Arin? Can I talk to you?" I ask, Patty's arms around my waist with his head in my back.

"Yeah sure." Arin walks to the hallway with Patty and I.

"Did you fire Barry?" I ask, and Patty tightens his grip around my waist.

"Why would I? What happened?" Arin asks, his voice changing from normal to worried.

"You need to fire him. I know he's your friend but he can't be in this office if he doesn't accept my relationship." I say before continuing a little bit quieter, "He did something but I don't know what."

"Like what? I can't help if you don't say what happened." Arin asks, as I feel Patty bury his face even deeper into my back.

"He raped me." Patty says softly, and by Arin's face I knew he heard.

"Suzy! Get Barry back at the office!" Arin yells and we hear a soft 'okay' call back.

"You can't go home. I'm calling the police and we need him here." Arin says and I stop him.

"He's already been through enough Arin. Isn't there something we have that would give evidence?" I ask and Suzy comes down the hall.

"I was going to record and I wanted the microphones warmed up. They should have recorded everything." Suzy says, going into the computer room.

She clicks through, before finding the audio file. Patty's grip tightens around my waist and I could feel my shirt getting wet.

"Go sit on the couch. I'm calling the police." Arin says and I nod, just as we leave the room Suzy plays the audio.