+-+ Thirty Four +-+

tw: nightmares and honesty

++ DANNY'S VIEW ++

"Babe- wake up." I say, harshly shaking Patty's shoulder.

This was probably the third night this week that he has been having these nightmares. Shaking and screaming in the bed, most of the time he makes himself up and then wakes me up. But now I'm the one waking him up.

I haven't worked since the incident because the one time I tried to leave, I wasn't far down the road when Patty said he couldn't be alone. So I turned around and stayed with him instead.

"Was I screaming again?" Patty asks, his voice hoarse as he cuddles with the pillow in his arms.

I wasn't allowed the touch him, I could barely hold his hand now. So he cuddled with a pillow at night and I slept as far from him as I could. Occasionally waking up in the night to stop myself from holding him and even using a separate blanket to stop me from cuddling into him for warmth.

"Yeah. But it's alright- I just want to make sure you were okay." I say laying next to him.

Patty moves away from the pillow and cuddles into my side, laying his head on my chest. My heart was beating faster than I could ever imagine, laying my hand on his back and softly drawing circles.

"Do you want to know something? Why I'm having these nightmares?" Patty says, his head flat on my chest since I was laying on my back.

"Only what you're willing to share alright?" I say, lightly running my fingertips up and down his back.

"Of course." Patty says before he takes a deep breath.

"In between high school and college I took a year off to find myself. During that time I came out to my family as being gay, which my parents saw as a sin and that I was just craving sex." Patty says, his arm tightening around my waist.

"I was sent to conversion therapy and afterwards my father thought the best way to convince me I was straight- was raping me. As if he could like- rape the gay out of me? For the rest of the year off and any time I came home for holidays; my dad and his friends would rape me. Usually two or three in a row."

"Patrick- you didn't have to share that." I say, sitting up slightly and Patty moves up to lightly press his lips to my cheek.

"I might as well be honest. I wanted to be as honest as I can with you." Patty says, rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

"This was when I met you the first time in college and we moved in together and everything was perfect for a while. My first boyfriend use to abuse me- just beat me up and basically used me as a stress ball." Patty says, lightly tracing patterns on my chest.

"To me it seemed normal because everyone had beat me up at this point. When I saw it wasn't normal- I tried to overdose at home one weekend. I popped my moms prescription pills and pain killers- finding it ironic that I would use pain killers to kill myself." Patty's tears were rolling down my chest, as he laid there silent.

I decided the best thing to do was be just as honest with him as he was with me. But I honestly couldn't think of a single thing to say and be honest about.

Until it hit me.

"Did you know I tried killing myself in college?" I said, staring at the ceiling fan and watching it move clockwise around and around.

"Wait- what no! Dude- why didn't you come to me then?" Patty asks, his voice going into a panic at he sat up.

I joined him sitting up, moving the pillows to lean against the headboard comfortably. Patty leaned back against me and lightly laced our hands together.

"You were down the hall actually. I can't remember what you were doing- but I was in the shower and cut straight up my leg. I collapsed, my entire body shaking as blood poured out of my leg. Poured may be the wrong word but it's all I can think of." I say, rubbing my thumb over his hand.

"I shakily grabbed my phone off the counter and called 911 myself. Only saying that I attempted suicide before I blacked out."

I pulled my shorts back, the scar visible on my thigh straight from my knee and directly up. Patty lightly rubs his thumb over it before kissing my cheek.

"Let's go back to bed yeah? We've had enough emotions for one night." Patty says, his voice cracked slightly.

"Of course. I love you." I reply, laying back down in bed.

"Fuck the pillow- I want to cuddle." Patty says as he tosses it to the ground and wraps his arms around me.

Patty sighs continently on my chest and lightly moves his hands to hold my waist.

"Hey dan?" Patty asks softly, as I look down and see his hair across my chest cuddled into me like a small child.

"What's up babe?" I say, rubbing his back and softly dragging my nails across.

"Thank you for not leaving me. For not giving up on me." Patty says, "I love you."

"I love you too baby. More than you'll ever know." I whisper, kissing the top of his head a few times.

((By the way- this story has MAYBE? another 20-30 chapters left. Give or take some. I need to start writing them all.
-Kells ❤️❤️❤️ ))