+-+ Seventeen +-+

tw: self harm

I walk into the elevator and pull my jacket sleeves down. It's been exactly thirty seven days without seeing Danny, and I didn't know what to expect.

"Which patient?" A doctor asks at the large metal door.

"Daniel Avidan." I say back as confidently as I could muster.

He walks around the counter and pats me down. Taking away my phone and keys.

"You will get this when you exit. It'll be safe in here I promise." The officer says, placing it in a sealed bag on the self marked A-D.

"Last name? I need it for when you pick up your stuff." The officer asks, laughing at himself for being so forgetful.

"Hamilton." I reply and he nods, buzzing me past the metal door.

I was greeted by a nurse who walked me down the hall. It was lunch time according to another doctor, as the nurse lead me into a large school cafeteria like room.

Everyone was at different tables. Probably with friends or cell mates they had made. Danny was sat alone at a separate table, eating slowly and crying onto his plate.

Danny looked maybe ten years older than everyone else in the room. Which explains why he was alone.

"Just go to him." A nurse says behind me, "It's not prison."

I laugh at her joke before making my way over to his table. Receiving odd glances from every person in the room.

"Danny?" I say softly, sitting in the chair next to him.

He looks up briefly before actually reacting that it was me. Danny moves the tray from him and tightly hugs me.

"I missed you so much. Everyone else has had visitors and I've been alone every day." Danny says, pushing the hair away from my face.

"I missed you too. I'm staying with Suzy and Arin." I say, and Danny gives me a questioning look.

"What happened?" Danny asked, placing his hand on my thigh.

"I wasn't eating for the first few days and Suzy came over to get me to talk." I say and lean into him.

"Daniel? Would you like to go into a separate room?" The nurse who brought me in asks, and he nods.

"Down the hall. The door is marked Visitors One." She said taking Danny tray and walking away.

Danny grabs my hand and leads me down the hall. Once inside the room he hugs me tightly, rubbing my back. Which I couldn't tell was for me or for him.

"Why are you at Arin and Suzy's?" Danny asks once we sit at the table.

"I-I was cutting myself." I say, pulling my bottom lip into my mouth.

"Where? How deep? What did you use? What's going on?" Danny asks, a few tears falling from his eyes, "Please tell me your okay."

I was silent, grabbing his hands and tightly holding them in my own. They were cold and both of his forearms were the cleanest I have seen them in months.

"Babe please- I can barely have any human contact. What is going on? I need to know that your okay- That I don't have to call more people to help you." Danny says gripping my hands tightly in his.

"Arin is doing a really good job okay? I'm trying to get better. It's just hard to sleep and-" I'm breaking down in sobs before I even realise what is going on.

Danny is immediately around the table, grabbing my hands again and telling me it's okay. He is rubbing his thumbs over the backs of my hands, kissing them occasionally.

"Tell me everything." Danny says once I've calmed down.

He pulls his chair over and gets as close to me as possible.

"I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see you laying on the ground- bleeding out. I can still sometimes feel the stickiness of your blood on my hands and no amount of soap can get it off." I say my leg starting to bounce.

"I was getting high for days and when that stopped working I started picking at my hands. Biting my fingernails off. It all helped momentarily- but it got better when I really cut myself for the first time in years."

"It started with purposely cutting my face while shaving and then I moved to using a pocket knife on my wrist. Arin saw them first, he walked in on me doing it because he was looking for Mimi." Danny is using his thumb to wipe the tears off my cheeks or occasionally lean over and kiss the tears off.

"He took every sharp object in the house and put it in a safe. If I needed anything sharp I had to ask- and he had to watch me use it." I finish, realising the strong grip I had on his hand.

"Can I?" Danny asks, holding the bottom of my jacket sleeve.

"They are on my other forearm. I got a new tattoo to cover up those scars." I say and Danny leans over me to pull the sleeve up.

From the very edge of my wrist all the way to my forearm was littered with old scars and a few newer cuts. The last cut being from a few days ago when I grabbed Mimi's paw and purposely scratched myself with her nails.

"Look at me-" Danny said turning my face to look at him.

"It's bad enough that I almost died because of this. I want to come out of here with a healthy boyfriend okay? I don't want you do touch anything if you are in a dark place. Call Arin or Suzy into the room, and if they aren't home call Holly." Danny says tucking the fringe behind my ear.

"I love you and don't want you hurt."

Danny lightly presses his lips to mine, pulling me closer. It feels like it's been years since we kissed last but it's only been a few weeks. Our lips furiously moving against each other's, occasionally bringing our tongues to rub against each other's.

"I love you too. You have no idea how much you mean to me." I say pulling away for air.

((Over one thousand words to write this. Holy hell you guys.
If anyone ever feels like Patty- call the local
suicide hotline number for your country or call your emergency number. Get help okay?
Early update- it's like midnight on Sunday for me. But here you go!!

Remember to love yourself!
-Kells ❤ ))