+-+ Thirty Eight +-+

tw: self hatred and mention of suicide attempt

++ DANNY'S VIEW ++

All Arin told me was to get in the car. Not telling me where we were going or why we were leaving the Grump space. We were recording and really needed to, but Arin said it was extremely serious.

Arin was speeding the entire way to the hospital and no matter what I said he just tensed up. Even as we were parked he bolted out of the car and almost locked me inside.

"Arin. Take a breath it's alright." I said grabbing his arm and holding him still for a few seconds.

"Y-Yeah. You're right." Arin said closing his eyes and pushing the hair from his face.

We were slower walking into the hospital, Arin said he didn't want to run inside and cause an even bigger scene.

"Suze? Oh my god you're alright!" Arin said almost attacking her with a hug the moment we saw her.

My body went numb and almost a paralysed feeling. Patrick wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"W-we need to go o-outside." Suzy said rubbing Arin's arm and taking us all outside.

We rounded a corner and found a small table with chairs by the side of the building. As we all sat down, I could see the shakiness of Suzy's hands.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Arin Leo asking, sitting as close as he could to Suzy with an arm around her shoulders.

"Y-Yeah I'm okay." She said and took a few deep breaths, biting her bottom lip before she spoke.

"The apartment was locked when I showed up. Which made sense, he probably locked it after you left." Suzy started.

"As I walked up the stairs something was wrong. I didn't hear anyone talking- it was dead silent. As I made it upstairs the only light on was the bathroom." Suzy tightly grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together.

"He attempted suicide and I-" I dropped Suzy's hand immediately and stood up. Pacing back and forth on the grass by the table.

"He said he was okay. That I should go record and I-" I didn't know what else to say, raking my hands through my hair and pulling hard.

I was furious.

Even punching at the cement wall didn't help. It just sent a strong vibration through my knuckles that finally got me to collapse onto the ground.

"H-how? How did you find him?" I asked, sitting on the ground with my back towards them.

"A cut on each arm following the vein." Suzy said softly as I stared down at my own arms, trying to imagine the pressure to do that to yourself.

"I-I hate myself. I knew I shouldn't have left and if I didn't he would still be here." I mumbled it finally sinking in.

"I can't do this without him Suzy. He's all I have left-" I said my voice starting to crack.

This was probably the hardest I've cried in years. I couldn't feel anything other than the heartbreak; the pain of knowing that he was loosing his mind and I wasn't there to help him.

Punching hard at the wall again, I scraped my knuckles as my hand fell down the wall. The edges of my knuckles ripping open and small droplets of blood dripping out. I wouldn't have even known I was bleeding if I didn't look at my hand.

"Come here." Arin whispered as he sat on the ground next to me and opened his arms to gesture a hug.

I immediately crawled into them. Tightly holding onto him like he was the only thing holding me down.

"I love him Arin and I- I don't want to be alone again." I said as I tightly gripped his shirt, holding my eyes closed.

"You can stay with us alright? Patty did the same while you were in the hospital so now it's your turn." Arin says rubbing my back.

"Suzy go back inside and wait to hear something. Once he's calmed down we will be inside." Arin says and I hear Suzy's shoes as she walks away.

My grip on Arin tightened once Suzy left, starting to sob all over again. I wanted to tell Arin to go away and leave me alone; but honestly I was terrified of being alone.

All I wanted was my baby back.