4

"My class starts at 7am, mom." Nari told her mother through the phone.

Her mother wished her good luck and told her not to be late on her first day. Nari obeyed her so she got dressed up quickly even though it was only 5:46 in the morning.

"Don't pedal too fast. You always have to be careful." That's what her father always tell her.

Nari wore a jogging pants underneath her skirt because she's going to use her bike to school. Save money and it won't be that easy to just walk.

•••

She was indeed too early when she arrived in school. It was still empty and the lights were still on. She didn't know where her class could be so she has decided to look around the school first.

Her feet lead her to a part of the school which looked secluded. It was clean but it's surrounded by fence.

Nari didn't attempt to go in. But when she was about to walk away, she heard people that were actually shouting at each other.

"Again, you're breaking up with me because of Youngbin? He's not even interested in you!"

Then a female voice answered, "I know but I could make him fall for me. I'm sure of that!"

Nari didn't want to eavesdrop anymore so she tried to flee without them noticing it but failed to.

"Why do you have to be there?" Nari whispered to an innocent empty can of cola that she accidentally stepped on.

She tried to walk faster because running would make more noise.

"Who are you?" Someone spoke behind causing her to stop from fast-walking. "Why are you even here? It's only 6:26."

"I was just -" She turned around while speaking. "Eh? Do I have to explain to him?" She asked in her mind.

"What?"

"You're here too! So there's nothing wrong about me being here!" Nari defended.

Inseong squinted his eyes as he stared at her. He could actually recognize her but he didn't care. Meanwhile at the corner of Inseong's eyes, he could see his ex-girlfriend, Mina, shamelessly walking on the side trying to escape.

"We're not yet done talking, Park Mina!" Inseong shouted. He glared once more at Nari who was nervously standing. His voice was dominating. It was telling you that you're obliged to do whatever he tells you.

"Get lost from my sight." Inseong told Nari before leaving.

•••

Nari already felt tired because of what have just happened. But all Nari thought was she has to avoid those boys. Chani... maybe not?

She went directly to the principal's office to meet her aunt and personally get her schedule from her.

She knocked twice on the door and waited for someone to open the it. A few minutes after, the door opened revealing an unfamiliar face.

"Good morning. Are you looking for the principal?" She asked and Nari nodded. "Mrs. Kam is arriving in a few minutes. Do you wish to wait for her here?"

"I just wanted to get my schedule from her but I also wish to greet her properly." Nari politely answered.

"Are you, perhaps, the principal's niece she was talking about?" The lady asked. "I'm Yook Chaeseon. I'm the assistant principal of this school. I can give you your schedule now."

"But -"

"You can meet the principal on your break time, don't worry." Chaeseon said.

Nari sighed showing how confused she was. Chaeseon thought it's cute but she just giggled secretly.

"Okay, then. Please give me my schedule, Ms. Chaeseon." Nari said while pouting.

Chaeseon left Nari for a moment. She came back with Nari's schedule in her hands. "You may go now to your room. Wait outside for your teacher so she could give you a seat." Chaeseon told her and Nari thanked her before leaving.

•••

Everyone in the hallway was giving her weird looks. She's knew so it's normal that people would stare at her but some were actually gossiping as they pass by her.

She easily found her room and stood near the door. Students start to pile up. The hallway slowly becomes noisier. She's nervous thinking about whether she'd have a new friend on her first day.

"Come on. It'll be short. I'll just saw you what I practiced last week." Taeyang told Chani.

"Taeyang, I have to go to the shop after class. I can't stay longer." Chani said refusing Taeyang's request. "Sorry." He told him as he pat Taeyang's shoulder.

They both entered the classroom and didn't notice Nari standing there, except for Taeyang.

Taeyang took steps backward "Why are you here again?" He asked as he get in front of Nari.

Nari quickly lifted her chin, meeting Taeyang's eyes that were staring at her.

"You're a student here?" He asked and Nari nodded.

Taeyang didn't say anything right after but just shook his head and smirked at Nari. Then he just left.

"He's a weird kiddo." Nari thought to herself.