18

"Nari!" Taeyang shouted as he ran inside the room towards Nari's seat. Raising his hand up high, he was holding several photos he took himself.

"What do you think about this?" Taeyang asked as he showed the photos. Nari looked at each one by one. She tried to maintain her smile but the photos weren't just appealing for her.

Taeyang's smile slowly faded away as well. "Are they bad?" He asked. Nari pressed her lips together as she thinks of something to say that will not hurt Taeyang.

"Not everyone will appreciate one's art. If some don't, it doesn't mean that everyone who'll see your art will feel the same. Maybe, they aren't just my style." Nari said.

Taeyang carefully sat flat on the floor, hanging his head low. "But I want to create something that would please you." Taeyang said.

His voice was actually soft, almost impossible for Nari to hear but heard please you. "What?" She asked.

"If you look at a piece of art and feel nothing, all it means is that particular piece of art is not meant for you. If you look at enough art, you will learn what you like and what has the most meaning for you." Nari read aloud what was on their notes given by the Humanities teacher.

"This is just a starting project for us. I think she wanted us to understand art as we understand ourselves. Believe me, just be yourself. That's much easier than trying to get people to be on your side. Simply, getting their support."

Taeyang stared blankly at Nari before pouting. "That's difficult."

"You can do well! Here, I have an idea." Nari motioned him to come closer so she could whisper her idea. Some might get her idea.

"This is perfect for you." She began. "Why not take photos of people dancing? While those people who can't dance like kids..." she stopped talking and pulled away herself from Taeyang.

Taeyang tilted his head as he pushed himself a little closer to Nari. She could hear clearly his breathing. "I don't know." She continued, speaking softly.

Taeyang huffed as he smirked. Nari's focused suddenly was pinned on the end of the Taeyang's lips that was curled. "Don't worry. I'll get an idea soon, for sure."

"Sorry."

Taeyang's smile grew wider. "The rest might ask your opinion as well. They knew how much you love art."

"How?"

Taeyang rested his chin on his hand. He raised his eyebrows as he shrugged his shoulders. Then he gave Nari as teasing smile before running away.

"Yoo Taeyang!" Nari shouted as she stood up to chase after Taeyang.

But as she made a turn on the doorframe, he bumped into someone causing her to accidentally drop the photos she was holding.

She fell back on her bottom. Good thing she wore jogging pants under her skirt. She can move freely and worry-less.

"Can you be careful a bit? Here." He said as he stretched out his hand to help Nari.

"Thanks."

Inseong lend a helping hand on Nari to pick up the photos. "These are yours?"

Nari shook her head. "Taeyang's."

"Why is it with you?"

"He came to me to ask about these photos."

"Ah." The automatic reaction when you knew something but you don't really have anything more to say.

Suddenly, the atmosphere grew awkward with the two of them standing alone facing each other.

Inseong involuntarily scratched the back of his neck. He cleared his throat first before asking, "Is Zuho inside? I'd like to ask him something."

Nari then pointed where Zuho is. "Thanks." Inseong said and left Nari.