21

"Yah! Chani! Where do you think are you going?" Rowoon asked as soon as Chani assisted Yoonji walk. His arm was all around his back to support her stand as his right hand was holding on her right forearm.

"I'll bring her to the infirmary. Her wounds need to be cured."

"Wounds? As if she has one." Rowoon whispered to himself. He turned to Hwiyoung and Nari and asked, "Do you wish to get your scratches treated?" But Nari shook her head.

She slowly pulled herself away from Hwiyoung and straightened out the creases of her uniform. "I'm fine. I'll be fine. These are just cat scratches. I had worse than these when working with art."

But as soon as she began to walk, she tripped over her own foot. Clumsy.

"Rowoon. Carry him on your back." Heiyoung, who was holding onto her shoulders, said.

"Why me? You're already helping her. Why not do everything by yourself?"

"You're taller."

"And?"

Hwiyoung repeated, "You're taller.".

Rowoon just gave in. "I won't ever win against this chic." He thought. He bent on his knees in front of Nari. "Let's go. They're waiting."

"I'm not that injured. You don't -"

"I'll put you down outside the library." Rowoon said cutting her off.

On the other hand, "I'll go to the infirmary first to get a first aid kit. I'll bring it to the library. Okay?" He said before sprinting off.

"Sorry about today, Nari." Youngbin said.

"You just had a cat fight with a real cat - I mean someone with real cat's nails." Dawon said, trying to make Nari smile. But the girl only showed a faint smile.

"This is your second fight just after you transferred here." Inseong, who was carrying her bag, said.

Hwiyoung nudged Inseong causing him to raise an eyebrow on him and mouthed "What?" Hwiyoung just shook his head in disappointment. How could he possibly not understand the situation?

"Yoonji's a friend of Mina. No wonder they will both hate Nari." Jaeyoon said.

"But, Nari." Zuho started with his very low voice. Everytime Nari hears it, she would suddenly feel fear or sometimes feelher heart fluttering, depending on the situation. "Do you usually get into fights before?"

Nari sighed before shaking her head. "I'm a student with average grades. They won't be interested in me since I am not a competitor when it comes to ranking. Maybe, I have a lot of friends that new students would think I'm famous."

"Rowoon, hold Nari properly!" Hwiyoung reminded after seeing Rowoon slightly letting go of Nari's arms.

"I'm not injured. I'm more of a wounded. You don't really need to assist me while walking."

"But you walk with your back bent." Taeyang, who has not spoken yet since they left the school, said as he carefully pushed Nari's back causing the girl to groan.

"I'm sorry." Taeyang said, nervously.

"See? Your back hurts. So helping you walk is a good thing." Rowoon said as he pushed himself closer to Nari so he could hold her better.

"Guys, Chani's coming." Zuho, who was standing at the back, said. He could see Chani walking with Yoonji who has her arm linked to Chani's.

"S-should I hide?" Nari asked.

"Why?? Jaeyoon asked.

"I don't want him to see me like this. I don't want him to suddenly feel pity for me." Nari said.

"As if he would. Just stay relaxed." Hwiyoung said. He's right but saying as if Chani would worry for her, that's kind of offensive.

"Just stay behind me if you wish to." Rowoon said. Nari pushed her lips together before nodding to Rowoon. So Rowoon helped Nari tgo behind him and hide.

"G-guys." Chani said as he stood in front of his friends. He knew he told them he still loves Yoonji but he didn't want to stay with her anymore. He used to spend his time more with Yoonji when they started dating.

He realized he was like that because of Sunhee. She told them a lot of things they failed to notice before she left.

Chani's eyes slowly scanned the boys and noticed someone was missing. "If you're looking for Nari. Stop. You've done enough." Hwiyoung said.

He was the only one who had courage to speak. All of them didn't want to hurt Chani's feelings but he should know what he's doing. They all know Chani's not purely bad. He becomes one because of the people around him.

"I'm not looking for her. Why would I? I'm not related to her in any way." Chani said.

It's true but Nari still felt hurt. At least he must have seen her as a friend if his friends did.

Inseong noticed Nari's hand slowly balling into a fist, wrinkling her skirt. He lowered himself a bit and reached for her hand then covered her hand with his. His thumb gently pressing onto her hand. It slightly comforted Nari but it wasn't enough.

"I'll just bring Yoonji to her house then. See you at home?" Chani said as if he was reassuring he'll find them when he comes home.

"We'll go and check on Nari, then." Dawon said as he sounded like he was teasing Chani.

"Why would you do that? I don't think you need to and she needs to be checked. She's perfectly fine, I guess." Chani said, almost whispering the last words.

Rowoon breathed out deeply and exercised his neck before kneeling down. "Let's go, Nari." He suddenly uttered surprising everyone.

The eyes of the boys widened while a smile grew on Inseong's face. Looks like Rowoon can be as chic ad Hwiyoung. Inseong helped Nari she quickly hid her face between Rowoon's neck and shoulders.

Soon after they began walking. As they walked, Nari slightly lifted her face as she attempted to see the reaction Chani had on his face. At that time, Chani was able to glimpse at her face and saw a band aid on her cheek.

Chani's eyes squinted as he thought, "Could it be..."

*****

Oh my gosh! I'm turning 21 tomorrow (12/12). Yes, same day with Seungri (BIG BANG), Eunjung & Qri of T-Ara... You feel old yet or younger? Haha! Jk :))

Thank you for the votes and unexpectedly, I had more comments for the previous chapter. Lol!

- lovingseoul ~