30

Nari's family was having their dinner. "Nari, are you alright?" Her mother asked. It has been a while since Nari stopped eating.

"I'm fine, it's just that... I'm thinking about something."

"What is it?" Her father asked as he put down his spoon and fork.

"Dawon... he told me something we could do about my illness."

Her father sighed and clasped his hands together on top of the dining table.

"We can but we can't find a hospital that can do that. I can't let the doctors use you for their experiment." Her father said which her mother agreed to.

"Wait... Didn't you say that this Dawon won't care about your illness?" Her mother suddenly asked.

Nari sighed before answering, "Yes, I thought so. But maybe he felt pity towards me that now he's showing some concern."

"How about telling it to one more of them?"

"Mom, I already told Deokhye about it."

"No, I mean to the boys. One boy isn't enough to help you my dear." Her mother said.

Nari sighed before telling her mother, "I didn't befriend them just because I need help."

"That's not what I meant, my dear."

"I know. But I just don't want them think of me that way." Nari said.

They left the kitchen and go on to their different stuff, leaving the mother alone to clean up everything.

Nari opened her laptop and opened her browser.

"Von Willebrand Disease"

She bit lower lip as she browsed the results. She sighed reading the texts.

Should she really tell the boys about it?

•••

"Tomorrow, I need to see what you've done so far for my project. Understood?" The teacher said and bid his students good bye.

Taeyang quickly got up from his seat and went to Nari. "Let's play basketball now!" He said with a bright smile plastered on his face.

"Wait a minute." Nari said as she put her things inside her bag.

"Let's go." Chani said as he put his hands inside his pocket. Deokhye and Zuho was also standing waiting for Nari.

"Okay. Done!" Nari exclaimed causing Taeyang to excitedly grab her hand. He dragged her out of the classroom.

Zuho just shook his head as Chani smiled at the view. Taeyang's happiness is surely contagious. Meanwhile, there was Deokhye worrying about Nari. But what can she do? She can't tell Chani and Zuho about it. Or should she just state a white lie?

•••

Nari slouched on the floor as she tried to catch her breathe after running. "You're a fast runner, Nari! Why not join the school's track & field team?"

Nari almost choked on her own saliva when Taeyang told her that while smiling at her brightly. She just thought he's too adorable but she wanted to yell at him "Are you insulting me?" but she remembered the poor boy doesn't know about her condition.

"Let's play one round!" Zuho proposed.

"But we don't have an even number of players. It's not fair." Chani said.

"Nari will be the referee." Deokhye suggested which Zuho disagreed immediately, "I haven't seen her play basketball."

"All of us don't." Chani said.

"I'll play, she's the referee." Deokhye insisted as she gently pushed Nari to the side.

Zuho and Taeyang looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

•••

"Three points for Chani and Deokhye!" Nari exclaimed.

"See?" Taeyang roughly threw the ball to the floor and continued, "You were complaining it was an unfair game for you but look at Deokhye!" he pointed at her as he stomped on his feet.

Deokhye and Nari looked at each other before laughing together.

"You dare laugh at me?" Taeyang questioned causing Nari to hold her lips together.

"Okay, let's continue!" Deokhye said.

The game continued. But for a while, Chani went to Deokhye and asked her something "Do you play basketball?"

"Go, Deokhye!" Nari shouted as she cheered on her.

"Nari! Cheer for us, too." Zuho said.

"Why? Deokhye's my friend so I'll cheer for her."

"Aren't we your friends too?" Zuho asked and Nari nodded. "Alright - Wait. Hey! What do you mean by your nod?" Zuho shouted as he attempted to chase after Nari.

Unfortunately Nari tripped on her own foot even before she could run. She supported her body with her two hands. It was better if only her hands would get scratches instead of getting bigger wounds.

Zuho ran towards her as the other three continued to play.

"Yah! Zuho! I'm not playing here alone against these two!" Taeyang shouted with the ball in his arms.

But Zuho ignored him. He kneeled down on one knee as he checked on Nari. "Are you alright?" He asked.

Nari smiled at him as she cleaned the dust off her hands. "I'm alright. Just a little clumsy fell on the ground." She said while chuckling.

"Here. Let me help you." Zuho said as he extended his arms out and held Nari's arms to pull her up. "You're too clumsy." He uttered as he gently spun her around. "No wounds... besides those on your palm. You're good."

Nari raised her hands and checked her palm, "Y-yeah... more wounds." She said softly.

Zuho chuckled as Nari carefully damped her handkerchief on the scratches on her hand. "Give me that." He said and took the handkerchief from her.

He held her hand and intertwined his fingers with his but she winced when their skin touched. "Sorry." Zuho said when Nari pulled her hand away.

Then be put his arm around her back and his other hand on her shoulder. "I think you should just stay seated."

Zuho made her sit and he took the space beside it. "Give me your hand." Nari put it up but the back of her hand was up so he turned it around. He placed her hand on top of his then gently touched the scratches on her hand with the handkerchief and blew on it every now and then.

Nari suddenly felt nervous seeing Zuho's head near her hand. Though he wasn't kissing it, Nari could feel he was. Somehow, it has an effect on her.

*****

Yes, a new update babies Hehe 😊

Sorry for not regularly updating anymore. It's difficult to update on android. I'm still waiting for a good update on iOS. You should know I'm to open the laptop. Haha just kidding 😁

Anyway, I'll be posting one short story with Rowoon as the main character by today maybe. You may just check my profile if you're interested :)

Thank you!

- lovingseoul ~