20

"You didn't call Chani? I thought Youngbin needs something from him." Dawon asked.

Hwiyoung nudged Dawon to stop him from talking and shook his head before glancing at Nari.

"Just tell Youngbin that he attended to something important." Dawon said.

"Can you lie?" Hwiyoung asked but Nari just shrugged her shoulders. He sighed and put his hand on Nari's shoulder, "It's alright. I'll just tell him why he can't go with us."

"But why do I feel bad about this?" Nari whispered to herself.

The three went to the library. And as what they had planned, Hwiyoung approached Youngbin to tell him why Chani wasn't with them.

"Yoonji again. Poor Chani."

"Can you take him away from there?" Hwiyoung asked Youngbin. They all know Chani's often weak when it comes to Yoonji. He can't say no even if his mind and heart strongly pleases him to say no.

"Who should I bring with me?" Youngbin asked but Hwiyoung shrugged his shoulders. "Nari?"

"Nari's a lady but Chani isn't that good to her."

"But I might as well try." Youngbin said. He could remember when Chani helped Nari run away from Inseong before.

It's not impossible for him to be kind to Nari.

Then, Youngbin asked a favor from Nari to come with him and fetch Chani once again.

"Sorry I can't help you guys with the Humanities project." Nari said.

"It's not your fault we don't have time today. We still have tomorrow or we could talk online. We'll send you whatever we have so far then you can just tell us what you think." Youngbin said giving Nari an assuring smile that they are fine.

While Nari and Youngbin were two rooms away from their classroom, they saw Chani dashing away out of the room.

He was empty-handed.

Behind him was Yoonji. There was a glint in her eyes that tells something but the two couldn't figure out what.

"Go and follow Chani. I'll go get his bag. He probably left it in your room."

"But how about Yoonji?"

"You'll be fine. Just don't leave him alone with Yoonji. Call me immediately if you happen to stop somewhere. Okay?" Nari nodded. Youngbin gave her back two pats before running off to their classroom.

Nari quickly followed Chani and Yoonji was just about two meters behind her.

"Move out of my way!" Yoonji shouted but Nari did not listen.

Nari saw Chani entering the male's washroom but before she could whether to follow him or not, Chani has already locked the door.

"Kang Chani!" Yoonji shouted after pushing Nari away. Nari could clearly understand why Youngbin told her not leave Chani's side. This woman's crazy.

Or just a weirdo?

Yoonji kept on knocking on the door lightly. That made Nari think she's funny. Yoonji's definitely a weirdo.

"How will he hear you if you knock on the door that way?" Nari asked. Yoonji turned her head facing Nari's direction and glared at her.

"You are not needed here so you may now leave." And she continued knocking on the door.

"Leave the poor boy alone. Can't you understand he doesn't to talk to you?"

"Who are you to say that? As far as I know, you're not friends with my Chani. So you don't have the right to tell the people around him what to do and what not to."

"You'll tire yourself out with what you're doing. Just give up."

Yoonji sighed before sliding her hands down the door. She quickly charged towards Nari and grabbed her hair, pulling it violently.

"Flirt! Why do you keep on sticking around these boys! Sunhee already left but now you are here!"

Nari lost her balance and fell on her back. Yoonji took her chance and sat on Nari's stomach while her hands were busy attacking Nari's hair.

Yoonji, then, began slapping Nari's face. Her nails were long. She wore heavy, long and big bracelets that surely also hit Nari's face. Fortunately, Nari could cover her face a little bit with her forearms.

"Kang Chani!" Yoonji shouted as she continued to throw punched and scratches to Nari's face.

Trying to defend herself, Nari kicked Yoonji's back causing her to fall on top of Nari. She quickly pushed her away and escaped but Yoonji easily grabbed Nari's hair again.

This time, it was Nari who knocked on the door when she was able to reach it. She wanted to ask for help. Maybe, he could do anything to stop this girl from being violent.

"Nari!" Hwiyoung finally arrived with Rowoon. They rushed to Nari and pulled the two girls away from each other.

"Stop this nonsense!" Rowoon, who was holding onto Yoonji's arms, shouted.

"She started it. Now I'm finishing it." Yoonji as she tried to escape from Rowoon's grip.

On the other hand, Nari was calm.

"Are you alright?" Hwiyoung asked as he lowered his head and check on Nari's face. She was keeping her head low, hiding her face. He carefully combed her hair straight with his fingers.

Holding the side of her head firmly, Hwiyoung raised Nari's face. He was extremely surprised at the scratches and bruises on her face. "She could do things to this extent?" He asked, panicking.

Despite keeping herself cool and that pokerface, Hwiyoung still got deeply worried. "Youngbin shouldn't see this." He thought.

He pushed Nari's head closer to his chest, attempting to hide her face from everyone. "Chani! I'm here with Rowoon." He shouted making sure Chani will hear it.

Feeling relieved that he's not being chased anymore and not going to be alone with Yoonji, he exited the washroom.

The scene he saw outside the washroom was Rowoon holding onto Yoonji who had her hair tied up loosely and messy uniform, while Nari was resting her head on Hwiyoung's chest. Her hair was already fixed. She seemed fine, Chani thought. So his mind was filled with worry for Yoonji.

Yes, he still loves her.

*****

I'm running out of updates. What am I going to do?

Btw, I'm trying to know Victon since yesterday. Any Victon fans? :)

Thank you for the votes and reads ❤️ Don't forget to watch the news shows Dawon and Rowoon are in! They're on separate shows :)

- lovingseoul ~