40

Chani brushed his fringe back and put his cap on before hanging a strap of his backpack on his shoulder.

"Going somewhere?" Hwiyoung asked.

"To Nari's."

Upon hearing the name, all the boys paid attention, stopped in whatever they were doing.

Then Chani continued, "I just wanted to know how she's doing."

"You can meet her on Monday in school. Why do you need to visit her? She might be busy." Zuho said.

"I'll be asking her about our assignment, too."

"Can I go with you?" Taeyang asked.

"Shall I come over too?" Rowoon asked, earning him a glare from Chani. "What? I just want to see her, too."

"We'll just have a chat, anyway." Dawon suddenly said causing Chani and Taeyang to angrily look at him. "I wanna go too. I'll lighten up the atmosphere."

"Like you always do." Youngbin added. They looked at Youngbin because he just randomly spoke. "I'm not going. Don't worry. You can all go. I'll stay here."

The boys exchanged looks as if they were sending each other messages secretly through their eyes.

Chani put down his bag and said, "Fine. I'll just stay here." Taeyang pouted. He really wants to see Nari. Chani looked at Taeyang and gave him a sign to do the same.

Taeyang sighed before sitting back. "If you're not going then I'm not too. I'd rather stay here with you guys than me having fun alone."

Rowoon put his arm around Taeyang's shoulders and shook him lightly. "It's okay. We'll see her in school." He whispered.

They all went back doing their own stuff. They were all in the living room. They were together but they felt like they were alone in their own worlds.

So what was the essence of staying together in one room?

Dawon noticed the different atmosphere filling the living room so he thought he should liven up the mood. He was about to say something when Youngbin suddenly stood up and kept the book he was reading in his arms. Dawon's eyebrows immediately turned crooked. "What now?" He thought.

"Where are you going?" Dawon asked out of curiosity.

"Going to our room. I'll read this book until I fall asleep." Youngbin answered. Without waiting for more response from the boys, he left and went straight to his room.

Dawon huffed and slammed his book on the table. The boys were all surprised. "What's wrong?" Hwiyoung asked.

"Seems like we have a huge gap now."

"Gap?" Hwiyoung repeated.

"I don't feel like this is the normal us. A lot of things had changed." Dawon explained.

The boys listened but they all silently agreed.

"Is it because of Youngbin?" Rowoon asked and Dawon nodded. "How different are we now from how we were before?"

"I don't know." Dawon shrugged his shoulders. "Just seem so..."

Jaeyoon smiled before he chuckled, "It's alright. It's okay to feel like you're different at times but I think that's normal for you." causing others to laugh and make Dawon scratch the top of his head.

Zuho suddenly spoke with a serious tone of voice, despite the boys laughing. "Were you really going to visit Nari today?" Chani nodded and Zuho continued, "I want to go too."