42

Nari was lazily stirring the hot mushroom soup in front her while her eyes were glued to her hand. You can easily tell she's out of her mind.

"Nari, dear, do not play with the food." Her mother said and she silently nodded before uttering "Sorry."

"Is there something wrong?" Her mother asked but she just told her she's alright. While shoving food into her mouth, she didn't notice her parents exchanging glances.

After their meal, Nari's parents told her she can go straight to her bedroom and get some rest.

Mrs. Seo sighed as she placed down the plates on the sink. "What shall we do?" She asked.

Mr. Seo scratched the back of his head. He doesn't know either what to do for Nari. They only want the best for their daughter.

"We can't postpone her treatment."

"Even if leaving her friends behind would break her heart?" Mrs. Seo asked.

"We'll break her heart but wouldn't it be worse if we let her continue life without getting proper treatment? More hearts would break if something bad happens to pur daughter. That includes us."

"Why don't we ask what's on Nari's mind first before deciding for her?" Mrs. Seo asked which her husband immediately disagreed to.

"Mothers know best, right? Then you should know what is best to do for your daughter. You wouldn't want it to happen again, right? We can't lose another child of ours."

Flashback

Fifteen years ago, the Seo family were all outside the emergency room, except for their son.

It was him who they were watching.

It was him, who was  inside the emergency room.

Everyone inside the room was busy. It was loud inside. Probably it was the machine that tells us whether the patient is still fine or not.

"What shall we do?" The mother asked as she massaged her forehead. Her husband comforted her before looking back at their daughter who was sitting quietly behind them. "Nari has the same disease. What can we do now? At least for her. At least before it becomes too late."

"Don't talk like that. We still can save them. Both of them. Do not overthink."

"But seeing Seungri there, with his blood covering his whole body... How can I not think of things like that?"

Seungri was riding the motorbike of one of his friends. He learned how to ride it two weeks ago. Obviously, has not yet mastered it.

Unfortunately, he failed to stop the motorbike upon reaching the corner of the street. He bumped to a wall, causing severe wounds on his body, even on his head.

Having Von Willebrand disease, it is too dangerous too have those wounds.

Through the glass window, the parents noticed a change din the movements of the doctors and nurses inside the E.R.

"What's happening?" The mother asked.

People inside started slowing down. Seems like equipments were being shut down. Except for two.

One by one, they were leaving the room.

The man in white gown approached them and pulled down his facemask. "Mr. and Mrs. Seo, the bleeding won't stop. It's better to stay with him while he's still awake, before it's too late." The doctor said.

They were frozen in place. Only the young girl, Nari, was brave enough to come to her brother.

She held his hand tightly, before sitting beside him on the bed.