48

How long has it already been?

She's been waiting for them to call her but not a single call did she get from them. What could have happened?

"Did you tell them to call you?" Deokhye asked but Nari said she didn't. "Then how would they know you're waiting for your call if you didn't tell them to do so?"

Did they really think she got scared?

Nari shrugged her shoulders before saying, "Isn't that what they should do? We are friends after all."

"After all? You speak as if you ended your friendship with them or some sort of relationship."

"What I mean is they knew I'm back. Wouldn't they want to be with me since I've been gone so long?" Nari asked but Deokhye can't tell her anything.

"Just ring the door bell." Deokhye told her but before she could press it, Chani appeared with a knife in his hand.

"H-hey." The girls were startled and this was what they could only speak.

"Nari! Deokhye!" And there, Dawon appeared from the other side. This time, he's holding a pot.

"Gardening?" Nari asked and the boys nodded. "I didn't knew you were interested with that."

"Aren't they pretty?" Dawon asked after lifting up another vase with a full bloom flower.

Nari and Deokhye smiled seeing the boys doing well.

"Chani! Dawon! Come on. Let's take our medicine." They heard. That was Sunhee. Her voice was strong and firm. She sounded so authoritative.

Chani and almost tremble in fear but they remembered Nari was in front of them. Deokhye's there too.

Dawon placed the pot down before telling Nari, "We have to go, Nari. See you some other time. Okay?"

"Wait! We haven't talked too much. You wish me to leave now?" Nari asked.

Dawon and Chani looked at each other. She was right. It's just like they had greeted and each other. They didn't talk too much.

But Dawon and Chani apologised before leaving the two ladies on the gate.

"What was that?" Deokhye asked and Nari jsut shrugged her shoulders.

"Let us just go Deokhye. Maybe we'll have another time to talk."

"What? No, treat today like there's no more tomorrow." Deokhye which only made Nari frown. "F-fine. Sorry. No more talking."

Nari sighed before giving the boys' house one more look.

"Let's go." She said with a very soft voice.

Deokhye could feel Nari really wants to talk to them but why can't they? Were they too busy? They're not studying? Too busy arranging the garden?

That's a joke.

They can talk as they work. That's what Deokhye thought.

But while staring at their house, she saw Chani coming. He was running with his hair flying through the air.

He quickly closed the gate back and pulled Deokhye to Nari.

"Hey. I'm back." Chani said while breathing heavily from running.

"Chani? What are you doing here?" Nari asked.

"To return your project. Remember?"

Nari looked at it. That was their art project where the photos she took were compiled.