49

"Nari, calm down! I'm already dizzy. Stop — stop going back and forth. Stop walking rounds."

Deokhye complained after watching her friend walk around the living room several times, causing her feel dizzy.

"They were called drug dealers! How - what happened?" Nari asked but Deokhye just shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not sure but I think... they really are."

"Drug dealers?" Nari mentioned and Deokhye nodded. "But how -"

Nari stopped and realised a few things.

"That's why they looked thinner. They looked tired somehow."

"Yes, and they just suddenly stopped studying. I was really surprised." Deokhye said.

Nari stopped by the table and kneeled in front of Deokhye, "Do you think I should check on them?"

"Chill Nari. They'll be fine, I think."

Nari sighed and continued on walking back and forth. She won't be relaxed except if she sees the boys are really fine.

•••

Chani fell on his knees, with his hands on the floor to support his body. After all the beating, he could finally feel his body sore.

He was locked in a room, with Sunhee, while the rest of the boys were outside.

There were open wounds on his back. He was sweating a lot.

"You dare leaving this house again and you will get more than this. You understood?" Sunhee asked with her loud voice filling the room.

Chani did not answer anymore. He couldn't get at least a bit of energy to speak, which Sunhee understood.

At some point, Sunhee didn't want to but him that much. But seeing the danger he could bring to her and not able to think of other ways to discipline him, she continued to beat him up.

As soon as Sunhee left the room, the boys rushed inside the room to check up on Chani.

He seemed like he was about to faint. The boys carried him up and brought him to Rowoon's room.

"I think it would be better if we'll stop seeing Nari for now, even Deokhye." Jaeyoon uttered.

"But you actually saw her earlier. You're being unfair Jaeyoon." Inseong said. Zuho and the other boys who haven't seen her again agreed with Inseong.

"Nobody's being unfair. He's just being protective of Nari. Who would like to see her getting hurt, right?" Rowoon said as he continued to clean Chani's wounds.

"But have you told her about our situation?" Youngbin asked Chani since they had a chance to talk.

Chani shook his head and confessed, "I actually brought her art project and gave it back to her. Then I asked to have a photo of her. That's all what I did."

"Jaeyoon? Taeyang?"

"We followed to bring Chani back. We didn't really get to talk to her." Jaeyoon said.

Youngbin sighed. He looked at his friends. They couldn't go out. Sneaking out wouldn't be good. How could they talk to her?

He also wants to ask for Nari's help but he'a afraid she won't help but avoid them.

"I'll go and talk to her." Hwiyoung said.

"She'll see your wound!" Rowoon quickly reminded him.

"Oh right."

"Youngbin, I guess you better go and tell her everything." Inseong said.

All eyes were darted on Youngbin, waiting for his response.