51

"Shoot! No, they must be hiding Nari's body."

"Stop talking as if Nari's dead. As if they would hide a dead person's body. Stop talking nonsense, Dawon." Zuho said.

Dawon and Youngbin were lucky not to have serious injuries. They got burns and scratches but they were perfectly fine, not needing to be admitted to the hospital.

The boys were outside Nari's house. The fire has completely been put off. But where could she be?

"I forgot... She got a disease right?" Hwiyoung said with a very calm voice. His voice was so soft. You couldn't find out how he truly feels. Could it be fear — or worry?

Their hearts truly ached. Even though they don't know what happened to her, they knew her life is in danger if she really got wounds or if she's bleeding.

"They wouldn't hide her from us, right?" Taeyang asked. Jaeyoon pushed his lips together into a thin line as he caressed Taeyang's shoulder.

Dawon clapped his hand after having a good idea. "We better go to all hospitals here. That way, we would be able to find her. It's impossible for her to go farther if she's injured."

"Finally, Dawon. You got something that's actually useful." Inseong teased causing the boys to laugh.

"Thanks for that, Inseong, and Dawon. You made us laugh." Rowoon said which irritated Dawon.

"It wasn't meant for you to laugh. It was for Nari." Dawon whined.

"So shall we start the haunt?" Youngbin asked then he assigned everyone to have a partner while looking for Nari.

Inseong would go with Jaeyoon. Rowoon will go with Chani. Hwiyoung and Taeyang would go together. Dawon and Youngbin will go with Zuho.

•••

"Ms. Seo Nari? Move any of your finger on your right hand if you could hear me?" the nurse asked. Then Nari moved her pinky finger. "Good! Now move a finger again if you could see me."

Nari opened her eyes slowly. The light was too blinding. She quickly closed her eyes again.

"Ms. Seo? Move your finger if you saw me when you oepned your eyes." The nurse repeated. Again, Nari didn't respond.

The nurse sighed. She has been hospitalised for a month now. There were few improvements on Nari since the day she came.

"I'll be performing more tests on your later, okay? For now, have a rest. Thank you." The nurse said sweetly. She checked on all apparatus connected to Nari's body before leaving her room.

On her way out, the nurse came across with the doctor. "How is she doing?" The doctor asked.

"She responded, she could hear me. But I'm afraid she can't see me." The nurse said, sharing Nari's condition.

"Remember to be careful for this lady's safety. The drug dealers may come and visit her." The doctor said.

"Are they not allowed to see her?"

"They can visit her but..." the doctor looked at the door and peeked through the window to see her patient's body. "I guess they won't harm her. But we also need to be careful." The nurse nodded in response.

The hospital staff had contacted her family and informed about her current condition. Nari's parents were pretty worried. She just finished her treatment but the doctor said she's not fully over her disease.

What could have happened if she has difficulties in stopping her wound's bleeding?

•••

The boys can't get out of the rehabilitation. They had to undergo several tests to determine if they really used drugs or they just used to sell them.

"Excuse me, sir." Youngbin said, approaching one of the doctors. The doctor looked at him with those eyes that are so lovely — they look at them with care that would make them miss their family.

"Can my friends visit or continue on looking for our friend?" He asked.

"Look for your friend? Why?"

"She was inside the house, we're sure about that. But we don't know what happened to her after the house has been completely eaten by the fire."

The doctor smiled before telling him, "I'll call on different hospitals. I'll see what I can do so you don't have to spend a lot of time searching for her."

The boys who heard her thanked her endlessly. The doctor did what she promised the boys. She made calls to several hospitals. And it was helpful, the boys found Nari easier. But the doctor was warned, "Be sure that the boys are safe. I don't want to put my patient to harm."

•••

"She's been in the ICU since she arrived in the hospital. It has already been a week. Are you sure you won—"

"What? You want us to end our daughter's life while she's fighting alone? What kind of doctor are you?" Nari's father shouted at the doctor.

"No, that was not my intention. Those were just responses by her body itself. What if it's just reflexes or —"

"Are you an idiot? I'm going to transfer my daughter to another hospital!" Mrs. Seo yelled, getting the attention of everyone in the hospital lobby.

"No, Mrs. I, ah, your expenses are alr—"

"I can pay! For goodness' sake. Shut up! I'm calling for a better hospital."

The doctors wanted to remove the life support on Nari since she had only been giving responses for a week — they believe her body by reflexes, not by her, herself. They wanted to give more room for new patients who seemed to have more possibilities of surviving.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Seo. Nari wouldn't like it if you will be like this. Your blood pressure, or heart rate. It'll be dangerous if it will rise up." Rowoon said.

Mr. Seo continuously caressed his wife's back after letting her sit down. Who knows what would happen to her if she will not calm down and keep her anger?

The nine boys were there, still waiting for her to wake up. They were all proven that they did not intake those illegal drugs. They sold drugs. And so, they did not need rehabilitation.

Dawon finished wiping Nari's hand. She couldn't take a bath so her mother just kept on cleaning her body with a damo towel. The boys help her cleaning her hands and feet. Her mother didn't mind. She trust the boys.

Suddenly, Dawon felt Nari's hand holding tight onto his hand.

"N-nari? Nari?" He looked at her, and held her hand back, tightly. "It's Dawon. Can you hear me, Nari?"

Suddenly, the machine connected to her body made noises. And on the screen, there a flat line.

"Nari? Hey, don't play jokes like this. Please." Dawon held Nari's hand between his.

"Guys! Come inside! Or call the doctor!" He yelled.

They didn't get help. Nobody was coming. So he went out himself, instead, to call the doctor.

Everyone was told to head outside the room while the doctors and nurse were busy inside. Everyone was on the window, watching, and praying, hoping she'll fight along. She may feel like she's alone but no, the boys are with her.

*****

I don't want to break your hearts because it is Christmas so please don't hate me. I'll be posting an final chapter today 😉

- lovingseoul ~