33

"I'm sleeping over at Deokhye's place tonight. I'll be leaving this file in my locker. Or anybody who wants to borrow it?" Nari asked.

Taeyang quickly raised his hand with a wide smile on his face. "I'll take care of it." he said.

"I thought you're going to borrow it?" Nari asked with an eyebrow raised.

Taeyang's lips gaped causing Nari to chuckle. She pushed his chin up with her hand and smiled. "Don't worry. You can do whatever you want with it with full of care. Just make sure it will still be in good condition on the deadline. Okay?"

Taeyang nodded cheerfully before they smiled at one another.

Zuho looked at them both and glanced over Nari's file. He licked his lips nervously before pushing it together into a line. Chani suddenly nudged him on his back and whispered, "What are you thinking?"

Zuho remained quiet but Chani knew what he wanted to do. "Nari, Zuho wants to borrow your project."

Zuho quickly covered his lips and shook his head, "No. I, I, don't. Y-yeah, no." he answered nervously.

Taeyang and Nari looked at each other. Taeyang pouted towards Nari, giving her a sign not to lend it to Zuho. "It's okay, Taeyang. You can look at it together. You live in one house anyway."

Chani shrugged his shoulders and patted Zuho's shoulder, "I hope you wouldn't mind looking at it with Taeyang?"

Zuho wrinkled his eyebrows at Chani. "Of course! I don't have the right to own it. I'm just... going to borrow it too."

Nari smiled and clasped her hands together, "See, Taeyang? So here." She said reaching out her hand holding the file of her Humanities project. "Keep it. Handle with care, alright?" Taeyang nodded and moved his hand to salute. "Aye, aye, captain!" he said loudly.

Involuntarily, Nari patted the side of Taeyang's head lovingly. It was something she always does to kids whenever she meets one.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on their wooden door. There was one guy with his body fully built, his muscles easily seen through the thin cloth of his uniform. Beside him was Yoonji standing with her arms crossed.

"Chani..." Taeyang whispered as he quickly put his things inside his bag.

Zuho quickly hung the strap of his bag on his shoulder and walked towards Nari. Yoonji began to enter the classroom. Zuho noticed where she was headed so he went closer to Nari causing her to flinch at the sudden skin contact that Zuho didn't intend.

Yoonji was glaring down on Nari with her arms still crossed. "You're going to Mina's party?" she asked.

Nari looked at her but didn't say a thing. Zuho helped her put the straps of her backpack.

"Faster, Chani." Taeyang hissed. Chani sighed before finally walking towards the rest with Taeyang following him behind.

"We are all going together. Why? Got a problem with that?" Zuho asked, emphasizing on each word.

Chani grabbed Zuho's arm. Zuho turned his head facing Chani before the shorter guy shook his head. "I'll talk to her." He told Zuho with a soft voice.

"Ah, Yoonji... Why are you here?" He calmly asked.

Yoonji's face immediately brightened up and called his name "Chani!" She hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek. "How are you? I thought you wouldn't talk to me again."

Chani carefully removed Yoonji's arms around his body and held them down to her sides. "Yoonji, I'm not going to talk about us or anything else you expect. I just want to tell you we are going to the party with Deokhye and Nari. If they are not going, then so are we."