7

Nari couldn't decide whether to go early to school like she usually does or wait until 7am. More students would see her if she arrives at seven.

She looked at the clock. It's only 5:15. The sun was just about to rise. "Fine. I'll go now. I know where my class is. I just can hide there."

Nari went straight to her classroom and left her bag there. It's still early so she thought it's still good to tour herself around the school again. "It's better not to get lost here." She told herself.

She started on the ground floor and reached the highest floor. The school wasn't that big, she realized.

6:18 AM came and students started to arrive one by one. When should she go back down to their room?

Trying it out may not be a bad idea, and might as well just wait there until her class starts.

While the student assistant opened the library, she waited behind him. Keeping her hands on her back, Nari's eyes roamed around pretending that she's not waiting until she's allowed to enter.

Youngbin, on the other hand, purposely slowly opened the door. He kept glancing at Nari's reflection on the window of the door. He tried to hide his smile though he was facing his back on her.

People rarely go to the library that early. She was the fifth student to do that during the period Youngbin was a student assistant.

Nari waited until he have put down his bag and prepared the library such as the lights and fans. Aircon is turned on at 9am to save energy.

While bringing out all the forms students have to fill up as they visit the library, Youngbin secretly glanced at Nari. "Is she not going inside?" He asked in his mind.

He waited for a few minutes for Nari to enter the library so he could attend to her but she didn't. He got bored so he just did other things he have to.

"Can I go in now?" Nari asked herself. She took baby steps going in to the library. "Excuse me." She spoke softly. She's in the library. She must observe silence.

"Where is he?" She murmured.

"Sorry. Wait for a second." Nari heard. Soon after, Youngbin appeared carrying two thick books in his hands.

"Do I need to sign up anywhere before I could use the books here?" Nari asked.

"Yes, please." He put down the books on the table and gave the clipboard to Nari. "Here. Contact details aren't necessary. Just your name and the class where you belong." He told her.

"Thanks." Nari said before writing on the form. Her eyes followed where Youngbin went as she wrote her info.

"Where did he go?" She softly uttered as she kept the pen in her pocket. "Here?" She tried to remember which shelf Youngbin went to.

She's not exactly following him but she didn't know which book she should check. Story books? Like fictional or fairytales? Or should she read about art which she's always interested at?

On his way back to his position, Youngbin saw Nari walking back and forth beside the two shelves. "What is she doing?" He thought.

He just ignored her thinking she might just be staying in the library to wait for her first class.

"Should I go down now?" Nari whispered to herself as she flip the pages of the Little Mermaid book she was holding.

She placed back the book on the shelf and quietly exited the library. But while on the stairway, she saw a lot of students coming. She was too afraid to face any of them so she have decided to go back to the library.

She first peeked through the window glass if Youngbin isn't there. Not seeing him on the table, she took light steps back to where she hid the book she was reading.

•••

The bell rang signaling the first class was already over. "I'm cutting classes. I'm committing a sin." She thought.

She then closed the book after realizing she's hiding for nothing. She did not do anything wrong so she don't have to hide.

But while putting back the thin book in the shelf, she saw one shining thick book above. It looked like an art book that really caught her attention.

"Come on, Nari. You'll be late for your next class." She told herself as she acted like pulling herself away from that book.

But she saw a ladder. In the end, she has decided to get the book. She dragged the ladder closer producing a noise as it slightly scratched the floor.

Youngbin clearly heard it. He tilted his head and thought, "Did anybody arrive that I didn't know?"

He quickly followed the direction where the noise came from. He looked at all spaces between the shelves.

"I thought you already went out?" He asked Nari.

Nari quickly climbed down the ladder with the book in her hands. "I'm sorry. I just don't feel like going to my class today."

Youngbin sighed. If that's her decision what can he do? "You're the new student, right? The one that got involved with Inseong's issue?"

"H-how did you know?"

Youngbin chuckled a bit. He took light steps towards Nari and pulled the ladder back to its place. "You don't remember me? I'm with them back in your house. I'm a friend of Inseong."

"Ah..." That's all she could say.

"Do you want me to walk you back to your room? Your bag is there, right?" He asked and pointed at Nari's back.

He noticed she didn't bring anything with her. The she remembered she left it in their classroom.

"They know you're here. You'll get in detention for skipping classes." He saw Nari's lips pouted as she frowned. "If you're worried I'll hurt you, I won't."

Youngbin let Nari walk behind him on their way to her room but he intentionally walked a bit slower so he could stay beside her.

But while they're on the right floor, Nari attempted to run away. Youngbin realized it so he grabbed Nari's wrist and stopped her before she had completely turned around.

"You'll be fine. Trust me." He told Nari before flashing a smile by his lips and eyes.

For some reason, Nari wanted to laugh for how cute he looked because he resembled a puppy for a while but that might offend her. But she also felt relieved and believed a bit on what he said.

*****

Honestly, when Youngbin smiles he resembles a puppy but he looks like a panda when he's not smiling... Haha jk. That's just me, I think.

- lovingseoul ~