26

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Nari's mother asked.

"She can simply call us if she needs to."

Nari agreed with her father, "That's why I asked Dawon to come."

"Dawon?" Her mother repeated.

Nari nodded before telling her, "That guy has the least concern for me. I think he'll not tell the others about my disease so I don't have to worry."

After a few minutes, Dawon arrived in his school uniform. "Ready to go?" He asked. Nari nodded and hugged her parents once more.

"We'll be staying with you here. Okay?" Her father said as he gave her a warm smile.

•••

"Ice cream?" Dawon asked.

Nari turned her head to face him as she gave him a judging look. "Ice cream, in the morning?"

Dawon raised an eyebrow before he shrugged his shoulders. "If you don't want it then fine."

Dawon quickly bought a cone of ice cream for himself and the two continued walking.

"D-dawon."

"Why were you in the hospital?"

"Because I have wounds... just because of these wounds." Nari said, keeping her head low.

Dawon scrunched his forehead upon looking at Nari. "Nari those were just wounds due to diving into the floor just to receive the ball! I bet those were even just scratches."

Dawon grabbed Nari's arm causing her to stop from walking. He rolled up the sleeve if her cardigan. His eyes widened after seeing huge bandages.

"Are you sure -"

Nari pulled her arm away and unrolled her sleeve. "Please stop asking questions." And began walking fast.

"Nari..."

"Seo Nari!" Dawon shouted making Nari stop before he followed after her. "I know we're not as close as you are with my friends but you don't have to hide this one from me."

Nari straightened her back and sighed. She turned her head to look at Dawon who was staring at her, waiting for her to talk. She gritted her teeth, trying to stop her tears.

But she quickly wiped them away. "This isn't something you should be worried about, Dawon. Don't worry." And walked ahead of him.

Dawon stared at her back that seemed so cold. "Am I worrying for her?"

•••

Deokhye ran out of their classroom after hearing from Taeyang that Nari was with Dawon. She surely missed her friend.

"Nari! Yah Seo Nari!" She shouted while running along the hallway.

Nari smiled and quickly hushed her friend. "Sorry! I just missed you so much!"

The two girls hugged each other as Dawon just watched them. "Are you jealous? Envious?" Deokhye asked making Nari laugh.

"Of course he's not. I think you can go now, Dawon. Thanks for today." Nari told him.

Dawon shook his head and put his arms around the shoulders of the two girls. "I think Nari's my responsibility for now. She just got out of the hospital so I won't easily leave her alone. Understood, Deokhye?" The girl just frowned at him.

•••

"Please help Ms. Seo Nari to catch up with the lessons. And Ms. Seo, I'll give you special quizzes on our next meeting." The teacher said before packing up his things.

After the teacher has finally left the room, Taeyang ran to Nari and kneeled in front of her desk. "Nari, do you want me to help you?" He asked.

Nari looked at him and tilted her head. "I'll help you with the lessons, if you don't mind - I mean if you want."

Nari pursed her lips as she thought about it thoroughly until Chani came and said, "You can't help her Taeyang. Might be, she will help you." Causing Taeyang to pout.

"I'll help her. Don't worry." Zuho suddenly said.

"Baek Zuho? After asking me to teach you, you will volunteer to help Nari?"

"You said you're busy so you can't do it. Now, I'm helping." Zuho told Deokhye. Then he added, "Are you not confident with your student?"

Deokhye was obviously taken back by Zuho's question so she just brushed it off coolly, "Fine. Do whatever you want. But Nari," then she turned to Nari and continued "I'll check on you tomorrow evening. I'll send sample exercises for you to try. Okay?" And Nari nodded.

Suddenly, they heard noises, voices, coming from outside their classroom calling Nari's name. "Seo Nari!" They weren't shouting in unison but continuously. One, after another.

"Seo Nari! You're really here!" Rowoon exclaimed as he engulfed Nari in a warm hug. "Dawon wasn't lying when he said you're coming to school today."

"Yah!" Dawon nudged Rowoon, "Why would I do that? What do I get for telling you Nari's in school?"

Rowoon loosened his arms around Nari's body and turned to Dawon to tell him, "Whatever."

Suddenly, Nari felt a hand on top of her head so she looked up. Nari looked up only to see Youngbin "Are you alright? Should you really attend your classes today? You just got out of the hospital."

She couldn't speak. She didn't know what to do. She still could remember what happened back there in the library.

"Youngbin, why are you asking such questions? Seems like you don't like seeing her here." Chani said as he walked closer and sat down beside Nari's chair.

He began to pinch Nari's cheeks and said, "Glad you're already here." while smiling widely.

"By the way Nari, you haven't told us what really happened to you." Hwiyoung said which caused Nari to suddenly feel nervous.

Inseong noticed the sudden changed in the movements of her eyes. He knew she didn't want to talk about it so he said, "If she can't tell us yet, wait for her to be ready Hwiyoung. Don't force her to tell us about it."

"You've become thinner - I mean you lost weight. Didn't you eat there?" Jaeyoon asked.

Rowoon suddenly cupped her cheeks and squished them, "You did?" Them he drew his face closer, "Oh! You did lose some weight! Don't worry. I'll cook you food from now on so you'll gain back what you lost. Okay?"

She wasn't able to do or say anything much so she just nodded.

*****

Hi, dear readers! Sorry if I didn't update yesterday. I got quite pressured seeing the rank of this book getting higher. Thank you, we're almost at 5K reads and for the 400 votes.

I'm currently tryingto learn the Korean language so everytime I'll watch videos or read magazine/any texts that are in Korean, I could understand it at least a bit.

Do you have any book (on Wattpad) that you could recommend? I don't mind whoever the characters are as long as the people portraying are in the KPOP world. I'll try to read them because the books I saved in my library aren't updated 💔

Anyway, this is already too long =))

Ppyong~!

- lovingseoul ~