41

She put down her bag on her desk before looking around the room.

"Where is everyone?" She asked in her mind. She check her watch and it's only 10 minutes before the school bell rings.

Suddenly, Yoora, the class president, arrived. She went back to their room to check if anybody was left inside. "Nari! What are you doing there? Come on!"

"Why?" Nari asked.

"Flag ceremony, remember? Let's go before we get late." Yoora said. She told Nari to just leave her bag inside the room and they ran downstairs. Nari shouldn't run, she forgot. But there was Yoora holding her wrist, almost dragging her carefully.

At the corner of the hallway, she failed to slow down because of Yoora who was only thinking about not getting late for the ceremony.

She almost slipped but thanks to Yoora who was holding her and kept her standing.

They safely reached their class' line and just went to their respective places.

She felt a tap on her right shoulder. "Where have you been?" Deokhye asked.

"Classroom. I was just there." She said softly.

"You look... different."

"How different?" Nari asked but Deokhye just shrugged her shoulders. "Don't worry. It's just -"

"But I'm actually getting more worried about you, Nari. Don't deny what's on your heart." Deokhye said causing Nari to completely turn around.

"Face in front." Nari heard making her immediately turn her back on Deokhye.

•••

"Lady Nari?"

"Lady Nari~" he repeated. Nari lifted her head and looked where the voice was coming from. "Are you alright? You look pale."

"Pale?" She repeated.

Chani cupped Nari's cheek instead of checking on her forehead whether it's hot or normal. "Is it because of him?"

"Him? Not you too, Chani."

"Why?"

"Everybody has been telling me I'm affected by Youngbin's sudden change."

"Why? Aren't you?" Nari sighed before she rested her chin on her hands. "Far from being affected."

Chani kneeled in front of Nari's seat and patted twice the top of Nari's head. "Let's hang out?" Nari's lips pouted as her brows curved. The ends of Chani's lips curved forming a faint smile on his face before his thumb touched Nari's lips.

She looked adorable. He can't help but touch those lips.

"My treat. I don't know how to make girls happy when they feel down but we'll try to have fun. Is that alright?" Chani asked. Nari nodded.

So the two waited for their classes to end and calmly prepared to leave. They already told everyone to go home first. Chani promised she'll walk her home making the boys calm down, especially those who knew about her condition.

"Come on! Don't be scared to walk beside me. Do not mind them." Chani told Nari when he noticed she kept on walking behind him. She was cautious of other students seeing them who might think they are dating.

"Why? You don't want them to get the idea that we're dating?" Chani asked and Nari nodded. "I just don't want them to come over me and fight me for something that isn't real. They won't believe me if I say we're not dating."

"Is it bad to think you're dating me?" Chani asked. Nari noticed the change in the tone of his voice. Is he asking if Nari didn't want everyone to think they are dating because he's not worth to date?

"I-it's not... Chani I don't mean it that way."

"What if I tell you I want us to become a couple?"

Nari remained silent, neither made a move.

Chani got worried Nari might get the wrong idea. He looked around first before cupping both of her cheeks and leaned closer to kiss her eyes. Her eyes which she closed.

Chani had already noticed they were teary. Why? He wondered what happened but he couldn't have the courage to ask. Is she alright? What's wrong? What can he do to make her feel better.

Kissing her eyes was the best he got. He caressed her cheeks with his thumb fingers. "Things will be alright. I'll not force you to tell me what's wrong but when you're ready, just call me and I'll listen. Okay?"

Nari nodded before lowering her head. Her shoulders started to shake as she tried to stop herself from crying.

"Sorry I cannot tell you." She softly said. "Sorry." She murmured, repeatedly.

***

Wow here's an update ❤️
So they offered me a promotion which I don't like. I don't like piles of papers - documents - but to think I'll be wasting the chance and there'll be advantages if I'll accept it. But the pressure on the position is extreme! I'm worrying whether I could do it or not. Maybe I could but not for too long.

Can I say no and stop when I really can't do it anymore?

How's everyone? I am trying to continue and end this book decently. Hahaha! I don't want to rush the ending. Okay? :) I write after trying to think of a lot of ideas when I'm stressed. Hahaha!

- lovingseoul ~