14

Nari continued to kick the pebble on the ground as she walked behind Zuho. He was still carrying her bag and Nari can't take it away from him.

"Where are we going, Zuho?" She asked.

"To our house."

"What?"

"To our house. I don't want to say it again for you so remember where we are going. To our house." Zuho said without even looking back.

Nari stopped walking and pouted as she stared at Zuho's back.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked in her mind.

She looked around to observe the place. It was familiar. Like she has been there before when she was young.

She squinted her eyes as she tries to remember when she went there.

"Seo Nari!" Zuho called getting Nari's attention. "Follow me before you get lost. I'll walk you home later. Don't worry."

"That's not what I'm thinking about." Nari said as she ran to catch up to Zuho. "Why do I need to go to your house?"

"This can be easily mend by talking just like what Youngbin did with you and Inseong." He said. He suddenly grabbed Nari's hand and held it tightly. "Don't run away anymore."

His hand was warm. It was big enough almost covering Nari's hand completely. For some reason, Nari liked the feeling of her hand in his hand.

"Why? I just want to stay away from you. I want a quiet life that's why I'm doing this. That's all. We don't really need to talk about anything."

"We need to talk. I can't let anyone ignore us just like that." Zuho said after looking away. He still didn't let go of Nari's hand.

"Eh? You can't let anybody ignore you just like that? Why?"

"I'm not used to it." Was his simple answer.

Nari wrinkled her eyebrows before she huffed. "You're not used to people ignoring you? Because you were used to the attention people were giving you.  What a childish reason!"

Nari then pulled her hand Zuho was holding and ran away without taking away her bag from Zuho.

•••

Zuho carefully opened the door and quietly entered their house. He didn't want others to know that he just came back. It was already two hours after their school ended.

With light steps, he quickly went inside the room he and Rowoon shared. Luckily, Rowoon wasn't at the house. He's in that convenience store again.

Zuho took a quick bath and headed out to the kitchen. He came back just right in time for dinner.

They all began eating. Some were chatting but as usual, Youngbin's eyes were busy observing his friends. He noticed a lot. He wanted to talk about it but he didn't want to ruin their appetite.

"You did what?"

"Youngbin, we were just playing around. This was nothing." Dawon said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"You call that playing when you got a lot of bruises on your face? Yah, Lee Dawon! We promised not to get bad school records until we graduate!" Youngbin shouted.

They weren't really surprised that he's angry because of this. He hates them fighting against other people and getting beaten. He's worried for both their health and records.

Dawon stood up and stretched out his arms on his sides. "Look. I'm fine. No need to overreact."

Youngbin sighed as he shook his head. That shows he gives up on Dawon at the moment.

He turned to Rowoon who arrived when they finished having dinner. "You're late again. What do you even do in your store?" Youngbin asked.

Rowoon looked down and continued playing with his fingers. "I just guarded the store."

"I know you're doing it for your parents but I think you should do something else other than just staying there. Like cleaning up! Your goods are all inedible. Just dispose them."

"I will, soon." Rowoon said softly.

"And you Zuho." He started. The boys turned their eyes quickly on Zuho. Zuho rarely gets disciplined by Youngbin. Not that he's good but because he's quiet and kind of weird.

"You were all sweaty when you arrived. I saw you. What did you?" Youngbin asked. Though Zuho wasn't bruised, he's still worried he might have hone somewhere he shouldn't be.

"I just ran around the neighborhood." His answer was simple yet Youngbin felt sorry a bit. Zuho tends to keep everything to himself. It wasn't that long when he started to tell people what they should do after seeing their problems.

"Is anything bothering you again?"

Zuho did not hesitate and told them the truth, "Seo Nari."

*****
If you think this is getting boring, I'm sorry >< This has a realistic setting (I mean not a fantasy or whatsoever) and I tend to write like this if you have noticed with my previous books like what I've said before :">
I don't know when and how but thank you for the thousand reads and hundred votes ❤️

As of now, who do you think would be perfect or best for Nari? :)

- lovingseoul ~

PS. Tomorrow's MAMA. Well those are just awards. I'm anticipating the performances not the awards of each artist.