34. My Wet Pillows

This chapter is dedicated to all my lovely readers who we're busy taking up their exams all the best to all of you and I know you all will rock...

Zoya's pov :

I found him standing on the balcony looking at the sky, his brows knitted and he seemed encountering an inner turmoil.

I think his head is aching.... So I went to the kitchen and took a hot glass of milk with me.

"Ahad.... Come inside you'll catch cold. " he didn't reply.

Yes it was really cold out....

"Ahad I am talking to you." he just banged the railing and came inside to reach the bed.

I got hold of his hand in mine " I know it's paining.... Don't take out you stress physically... OK.... Now have this milk and go to sleep, things will sort out by tomorrow inshaallah" he stared at me for a moment and jerked his hand off from mine and went to bed.

"Ahad..." I called him...

"Just leave me alone for godsake Zoya I don't want to drink that bloody milk... I am fine why don't you understand I wanna sleep." he raised his voice in a high pitch.

I flinched with his tone...

He did got many work tensions in the past but he never took out his frustration on me.

Apart from being scared I am worried for him.... I took my place in our bed and turned to him, he suddenly turned to the other side.

"What happened?" No reply again.

I went close to him and started to massage his forehead...

"What the hell? Why can't you leave me alone...... Damn.... Mind your business and sleep Zoya don't test my patients. " he barked at me and laid down resting his arm on his eyes.

Tears pricked my eyes I tried to control them but few escaped and rolled down my cheeks.

Why is he behaving like this... I didn't speak anything and tucked me inside the duvet. I am not in his arms it's just been 5 minutes and I already miss his warmth.

I cried to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night to see the empty bed and found me on his side and him sleeping on the couch then the possibility hit me, I might have cuddled and disturbed his sleep and that's why he might went to the couch...

Now I can't control my tears... Things were not like this between us, this sudden negligence is killing me.

He might be busy.... But why he is neglecting me for other reasons. My pillows are soaked in tears but I didn't care.

The next morning I woke up to the empty room, he is not in the bathroom too, my head his aching so badly because of the terrible night , I missed his warmth.

I took a long warm bath trying to calm my nerves and welcomed by the empty room again.

Where is he?

I quickly changed my dress and went down to see Shanthi aunty, she is our new maid since I started my college... She finish all the work and leave by 2:00pm and I'll prepare dinner for us.

"Aunty, where is Ahad? " I asked entering the kitchen.

"He went to his off early today dear... Here is your coffee." I am not in my mood to have coffee so I went outside.

"Mam... Sir asked me to drop you in college so shall I take the car out? " I nodded my head and asked my driver to take out the car.

All the way through ride I couldn't take off my mind from the only person I love.