47. True Friendship.

This chapter is dedicated to all the best friends in the world. And that was a lovely song apt for this situation...

_________________

Ahad's pov:

No no no..... It's not true... It can't be.. I mean how? Why? When? ... Why should Rizwan do that? At the same time Zoya will not lie to me. She is my wife, she is at her atmost loyalty to me. Why should my own wife lie to me?

My inner turmoil was too much to handle, time froze and I couldn't coherent anything... Then the door flung open and light spreaded over us. There walked in a man, I couldn't see his face properly because of the direction of light, he emerged as a man out of dark shadow radiating danger and step by step his face came into my vision.

When my gaze caught his face, I was driven into a state of oblivion.

Zoya crawled close to me and fisted my shirt in her tight grip but it was not as tight as the way my heart constricted.

I felt suffocation for air, my eyes jammed to his without a blink and I felt as if I was thrown into a pool of lava.... I am burning with a aching heart, which could shudder into pieces anytime.

A lone tear slid down my cheak looking at my best friend in front of me.

"Ri... Rizwan" the moment his name left my mouth a sharp pain hit my head and I couldn't articulate anything.

Blood made it's way down at my forehead. "Ahaaad!!" screamed Zoya, Rizwan held her shoulder following the array of pulling her from me.

She was in his arms, and I knew it was painful. My vision blurred, I raised my hand towards her only to get a punch on my stomach. All I could hear was her scream... She was begging Rizwan to leave us alone.

I managed to open my eyes to meet my wife's terrified crying face something any good husband would not like to see until the end of this world but what caught my attention was the Mephistophelian evil smirk of a man who was once my best friend.

I have never seen this face of him... Never.... I couldn't find an ounce of humbleness he used to hold in his face. How did I made this big mistake in my life? Why couldn't I realize his true intentions.

Trust! This word proved to be the massacre of my life yet again.

"Please... Please.... Leave him... Don't hit him please.... Leave him Rizwan bhai... I beg you... Please.. Leave him. " Zoya was pleading to that heartless animal but there was no sign of regret in his eyes. He was enjoying my wife's screams...

Don't Zoya... He's not worth your pleadings, I feel pathetic of my situation. Before I could muster my strength an another blow hit my right chest. And my wife continued screaming to spare my life.

But the pain in my heart was so much more than the pain in my body.

Rizwan left Zoya and when she tried to reach me two goons caught her hands and pulled her away from me. Rizwan came to my side and took my hair in his fist to lift my face , so that he could see my blood soaked face clearly.

"Oh... Ho... My best friend... Is it paining a lot. " he shook my hair making my pain go worse.

"Please.. Please...... Leave him... Please..." screamed Zoya.

"Another word Zoya then you'll find his corpse in a second. " the moment Rizwan uttered those words Zoya gone silent her tears flowing down without end.

"Girls are always annoying! " he muttered to himself and looked at me again after tying my hands at my back. " So tell me my best friend how is the pain. " and now I got my voice out finally.