Election (Extra Entry)

November 15, 2016

Dear Diary:

    How have you folks been? I didn't think I would write in here again but it seems that the human world has thrown everyone a giant curve ball. But let me first and foremost update you on what's been going on here with us as I'm sure you've all been wondering. Everything has been quiet here in Alaska in the last few years since I last wrote in here. We have new houses and more wings added onto the main house as I'm sure you all remember that in the last few entries, Rogue and the Watchers gave many of our family the gift of having children. Well, practically everyone has taken that gift and ran with it.

    Leah and Keith the first to have a child who they named Sava is now the big brother of 2 little girls. Rose and Emmett had twins and that's where they stopped. Henry and Vera are beautiful and look like both of their parents. Amy and Peter had a son and they are debating on whether they want any more. Corin is currently pregnant with her first and Seth is very excited. Kate and Garrett are in a race who can have the most amount of kids with Tanya and Marcus. It's truly funny and I have delivered them all. Kim and Michelle are exploring their options while Nessie has been finishing up her RN degree online and is looking forward to having her first baby when the mad house is over.

    As many remember what happened to Nessie and Jacob with the whole Daihok fiasco, no one knew what they would decide when it came time to having children but they spoke to Rogue at length and decided that as opposed to a sperm bank, they would like to create a new hybrid; human, vampire, and Watcher. Kim's brother Pierre agreed to be the donor. Jacob and Nessie are very excited about the future now. She really wants to see what it's like to be pregnant. After that who knows?

    In other news, Nahuel fell in love with a Watcher in Brazil and they are living together. Jacob no longer worries about his feelings for Nessie because he's very happy with his immortal love. Her name was Shantra which meant intuitive, spiritual, and wise. Emily and Sam had two girls by this time as well and came to visit us often. Charlie officially retired after his term of mayor was up. Sadly, Phil caught a bad case of pneumonia and passed away in the mental facility he'd been in ever since the death of Renee and was buried next to her. Bella, Edward, Charlie, and Sue went to the funeral. Another chapter had closed on Bella's human life.

    Other than that, everything has been really quiet. Or so we thought. I was working in the clinic in Talkeetna with Kim, Michelle, Corin, and Nessie as my nurses and receptionists respectively. Esme and Alexander's store of artwork and crocheting had become so popular that they needed to create a website to ship their merchandise to other parts of the country. Word of mouth can be just as effective as social media.

Nessie's online classes were going well until one day, when just before a discussion for one was about to start, someone brought up the election that had just happened that week and people started getting into heated arguments about who won or who should of won. Nessie remained quiet as she watched her classmates go at it. Some were having sincere intellectual discussions about the future and the present, while others were in the middle of a verbal brawl. Finally, someone noticed that Nessie who was usually very vocal in class with questions and such, was quiet so they asked her:

"Hey Nessie, you're awfully quiet. What's your opinion on the election? Who'd you vote for?"

Nessie was at a loss for words. What could she say? 'Well, I'm a half-human, half-vampire hybrid who will live well beyond all of you and so therefore don't see the relevance in this?'

"I didn't vote. I don't have an opinion on the topic." She wrote back. She was passing for 18 and technically could vote if she were human. Instantly, she was barraged by her classmates.