Reassemble the Sky

December 13, 2016

Dear Diary:

    It's been a few days here on the other side. But as you know how time is different in between our two dimensions. 1 hour at home is a whole day here. Here's what's been going on here since I last wrote. Rogue, Alexander, Bella, and Leah have been hard at work trying to figure out how to fix the mess in the sky. Emmett, Rose, Alice, and Jasper had all taken turns watching Ronan who had been given a place of his own in the center of Cupid's castle. They all noticed that Ronan wasn't sleeping but were too busy to ask why this was the case, after all he wasn't a vampire but who knows really. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Rogue gathered all of us in the castle proper to go over what our designated duties would be. She turned to me and the rest of the vampires in attendance.

"Carlisle, thank you so much for doing the best you could for the Hydra and Cerberus given how little you know about treating these creatures. The Hydra needs certain trees that grow at the outskirts of the forest, due east. I think you all especially Emmett could bring the trees to the Hydra and feed it. Cerberus is worrying me because his core temperature is rising and he hasn't fed on anything. He is used to living in the cooler part of the Underworld and this lack of equilibrium doesn't help him go under. Emmett, I know how much you like wrestling, after you're done with the trees, please swim out to sea and catch the biggest shark you can find. Just smother it and bring it to Cerberus. He's not big on seafood but meat is meat and fresh raw meat is what he needs to keep his strength up."

    As she explained all that, Emmett cracked his knuckles and grinned, happy to have something to do other then watch 'the blue pissed off skittle'. The sun was setting and she wanted to get all of the tasks done with before nightfall. She had something else to add:

"After Cerberus eats his meal, we all need to get him to the top of Mt. Olympus." Our eyes grew wide then.

"Why Mt. Olympus; what's there?" I asked for everyone.

"It's the only part that has snow all year round and because Cerberus' core temperature keeps rising, it's the only way to cool him down." Rogue explained.

"And Rogue is calling in more Watchers for that part." Amy added.

"Who's going to watch the blue man?" Aries asked.

"You are. You are on night duty. Make sure he gets some sleep." Rogue smiled at Aries as the latter rolled his eyes.

    We than took off to our designated duties as Rogue had instructed; the rest of the vampires and I ran to where the medicinal trees grew and pulled them out of the ground, roots and all and then raced back to where the Hydra was still making like a ginormous country-sized throw rug on the forest floor. While Esme, Alice, and I got the Hydra to eat the not so delicious trees, Emmett jumped into the water and swam out about a mile off the coast before he spotted a large great white shark. He attacked the shark and though it put up one hell of a fight, he managed to choke the life out of it without a drop of blood being spent.

    He then towed the thing to shore and brought it to Cerberus to eat while Jasper, Rose, and Hades waited on him. Cerberus first tried to avoid eating the giant fish but he didn't have the strength to even argue. Hades made sure all three heads ate all of it. Once the food was done and everything was accomplished, Rogue waited for the portal to open from back home and when it did, 15 Watchers including Kim's brother Pierre and his wife walked through. Everyone hugged or shook hands.

"Rogue, Corin wanted me to give you a message." Pierre stepped forward than as everyone stopped talking.

"What is it? Is she alright?" Rogue asked concerned.