They

January 17, 2017

Dear Diary:

    We weren't entirely sure what she had just said to us but Nessie was nodding, smiling, and crying all at the same time. I had used IVF before we went back to figure out the Ronan issue once and for all. I hadn't expected it to work so quickly but then again, we didn't truly know how long we'd been on the other side this time. With Medusa's island being in its own time flux, could have been many days or weeks. We were now looking at Nessie as she explained.

"You guys have been gone for nearly a month! I started figuring out that I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago when I realized I was late. I'm pretty regular. So than, Keith put his hand on my stomach and sure enough something moved! I'm pregnant! Jacob and I are going to have a baby!" She was all but jumping up and down. We, meanwhile, were flabbergasted.

"We were gone a whole month? How is that possible?" I asked Rogue, who was standing off to the side and smiling.

"Medusa's island though part of this world, has a different time speed. Don't ask. I have no idea. But it does and so things moved very quickly there even though it seemed like mere hours. And congratulations Nessie and Jacob!" She walked over and gave them both a hug. They were already standing with Edward and Bella flanking them.

"So what happens now?" Amy asked nodding towards Ronan, Crystal, and Luna.

"I think it's fair to say that they can stay at Cupid's castle for a while. In the meantime, we need to head back and make sure Nessie's pregnancy goes well and without incident so therefore, Carlisle has to be at home." Rogue explained as everyone nodded.

    With that we nodded and after making sure that Ronan and his family were comfortable in Cupid's living quarters, we headed back home. Upon our arrival there, we were hugged and questioned by others. I skipped ahead of all of that and quickly took Nessie to my home clinic. I had to see what was going on in her belly with the baby. She lay down on the table and waited patiently. Jacob was holding her hand and smiling. As I turned on the ultrasound machine and started moving the wand with the gel over the top of her stomach, a peculiar sound entered the room. I listened closely as Jacob quickly became alarmed.

"Carlisle, what is that? Is everything ok? Is the baby alright? Is Nessie? Should the machine be doing that?" He was spitting out questions a mile a minute as I smiled at him after looking closer at the machine.

"Calm down, Jacob everything is fine. More than fine actually." I said with a wink. I think Rogue's cryptic talk was finally rubbing off on me.

"What does that mean?" Nessie asked with a whisper staring into my eyes as she clutched Jacob's hand. Bella and Edward were standing in the doorway, their eyes also peeled at me. Edward gasped as I said the words.

"Nessie, you're having very healthy twins."

    You could have heard a pin drop for a second that stretched into eternity. And then there was shouting, gasping, crying, and cheering all through our house. Bella and Edward had their arms around both Nessie and Jacob as the latter two were crying hysterically. I nodded at everyone as Esme joined me and put her arms around my neck. Finally, something had gone right for these two.

"When am I going to have the babies? And what are they?" Nessie asked than just as Rogue walked in.

"While I can't answer the-what sex they're going to be; I can say that you will have them in 2 months." Rogue said with a broad smile.

"We'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I can tell you who you're having." I answered the second question.

"That means we have to get a baby shower ready!" Alice squealed from another part of the house as many people groaned.