Operation Movie

Dear Diary:                                                                September 14, 2013

          Remember how I said in the previous entry that Bella and Edward went off to Switzerland for a little pre-birthday trip so the rest of us can finish up Operation Movie for Bella's birthday? Well they're back! And it's Bella's birthday so it's time to reveal her present(s) to her. As soon as the car arrived in the driveway and the two of them got out; the whole family was waiting. And by whole family I mean all the Cullens, the wolves, all of the Watchers, and the Denali clan! Bella took one look at everyone and knew something was definitely up. Her eyes narrowed at Edward first who just smiled like everyone else not giving anything away.

          She then glanced at me, Esme, Rogue, and finally Leah who grinned and nodded her head enthusiastically. Well that must have been an encouraging sign to Bella because she relaxed a tad. We all knew Bella hated surprises but this one was totally worth it. Before we headed toward her and Edward's cabin, she came up and hugged the Denali's as they were the only visiting members of the family. Then with Edward picking up their bags, everyone headed toward their cabin. Bella was walking between Edward and Leah; neither said a word.

"Oh come on! Can I at least have a small clue? You guys are acting like the CIA!" Bella protested.  Rogue giggled at that one as she actually worked with the CIA at some point.

"Be patient Bella." I said with a smile.

"Yeah it's only a little bit further." Leah said encouragingly.

"Fine." Bella mumbled. Everyone was anxious and excited with anticipation.

          As we got to their cottage and walked inside, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. At least not at first. Then Bella said:

"Wait, why does the floor seem hollow? It never made that sound before when you walked on it." We continued to smile.

        Then Edward nodded toward the back of the cottage.  She looked at us and kept walking. That's when she noticed a door in the wall where there wasn't a door before. She looked at us very puzzled and turned the knob which opened the door. There were stairs that led down; the stairs were carpeted beige as was the whole knew section of the cottage. As Bella walked cautiously down the stairs, she stopped at the bottom and gasped. Her eyes were as round as saucers and her mouth was somewhere on that carpeted basement.  We had all by that time trouped down the stairs and stood in our designated spots.

        What Bella was now staring at was an in-house movie theater! The theme was very Middle Eastern chic. Colors were navy, brown, and beige. There were couches and loveseats that were of textured brown leather that you could recline in. There was also a big screen in front that you could cover with a sheet when you didn't need it and a very modern DVD projector standing behind all of the couches so it wouldn't be very obvious.

        We then turned her around so she could see the rest of the room as it was separated into a few sections. On one side was a sizable popcorn machine that looked very old fashioned yet fit with the décor of the place. On the other side there was a large bar with bar stools. The bar was totally made out of light marble and reddish-orange glass. It was very contemporary looking.  Now you remember those crystal champagne flutes that Bella and Edward were given on Rogue's Isle for their anniversary that I mentioned were part of Bella's birthday present? Now each set of flutes was displayed in the bar area above all of the bottles of alcohol on colored glass shelves. Bella gasped as she understood that part.

        We were nowhere near finished; Leah and Edward then turned and walked her around the stairs and the wall to yet another portion of their new basement. Bella's eyes couldn't get any wider and her mouth was all but dragging on the ground by now. She had tears in her eyes. This last room had a floor to ceiling bookcase filled with all of her favorite books and a very large comfortable purple chair/bed thing. The rest of the walls were filled with old fashioned movie posters so both rooms would tie in together.  Now it was time to explain who did what and finish with the presents. I spoke for the Cullen family first.