Rogue Rage

Dear Diary: May 19, 2013

Holy mother of......! I....we.....didn't have any words to what we were seeing. Rogue, it was obvious, was livid. Nothing else could explain what had just happened. Not to mention the shaking earth and the howling winds. She was manipulating the elements in ways, I never thought possible. She wasn't looking at anyone at first, and then her eyes locked with Amy. Neither said a word but continued to look at each other. However, after spending a lot of time with the Watchers, we knew they were communicating. Rogue never uttered a sound. When Amy finally looked away, we all looked to her for guidance. She finally spoke when the wind died down a bit and the ground stopped shaking. Rogue was still levitating.

"We have to get Michelle back to your house Carlisle ASAP! Rogue thinks the Children of the Moon will be back. The one that attacked Michelle went to get the rest of his pack. We need to stand our ground there." Amy said. Corin and the other Watchers nodded. They've dealt with these things before.

"How in the hell will we stand our ground to these freaks?" Emmett asked.

"How many of them are there?" Bella asked.

"14 or 15." Corin said.

"14 or 15?????? We're outnumbered!!!!" Nessie spoke up fearfully. Alexander looked at Rogue, then walked over to Nessie and put his hand on her shoulder and said:

"Well, actually the Cullen family will be outside on the porch while Michelle is lying down and hidden from view. The other Watchers and I except Rogue will form a semi-circle in front of the porch steps."

"Wait a minute.....what about Rogue? Why are we hiding? We aren't afraid of some hybrids!! We can take them!" Jacob scoffed. The Watchers smiled at him.

"Rogue will be the only one fighting them." Alexander answered.

"WHAT????? No way! That's not happening!" Edward countered.

"Actually that's the only way it's happening." Rogue spoke for the first time. Her voice didn't sound the same. But the tone was not one to be argued with. The other Watchers agreed.

"Ok enough standing around, we have to get Michelle back to the house NOW!" Keith said.

With that, he scooped up an almost unconscious Michelle and flew into the air. It's at that point that we realized Rogue had disappeared as did the other Watchers. We, meanwhile, started running. Even though we were all confused, the Watchers were almost methodical in their movements; it's as if this was an exercise done many times over. I still wanted very much to know how we were going to treat Michelle. I was totally lost. Even flying at top speed, the Watchers heard all of our thoughts. Mine were answered by Amy.

"Don't worry Carlisle. We know how to take care of her. It's not going to be the best looking method. But you'll see what I mean. You just have to trust us."

Trust was never the problem. As a doctor, not being able to help someone in a medical crisis, especially a supernatural one, left me feeling inadequate. What the heck was I good for if I couldn't even take care of a young girl bitten by a crazy, supernatural wolf?! I shook my head and concentrated a bit more on where I was going. Finally, we entered our backyard. The Watchers were already on the porch with Michelle. Esme flew into the house to get something for Michelle to lie on. She came out with a bunch of pillows, a few blankets, and a sleeping bag. Once that was down on the porch, Keith gently lowered Michelle unto it. She was shivering and covered up with blankets. Nessie was sitting next to her, holding one hand while her mother was holding the other.