Hollywood Glam (Nessie's POV)

Dear Diary: August 20, 2013

          So how cool is it that grandpa Carlisle let me use his diary again? Last time I wrote in here, it was one of the worst days of my life; the school shooting. This time I'm writing because well, I just had the best day of my life.....thus far I think! Why? Because it's my birthday! Today my whole family celebrated my 15th birthday; though technically I'm 5. We aren't counting the weird hybrid years anymore. So that means, next year I get to celebrate my Sweet 16th! I really hope daddy buys me a car!

          Anyways, that's still a year away but this birthday party was truly special because I got everything I wanted and much, much more! For starters, I told Aunt Alice I wanted a Hollywood Glam party. Like old meets new kind of thing. I wanted everyone to dress up. You already know what kind of dress I was to wear after my little tantrum on the 4th of July where Aunt Alice solved the problem. I have all the photos of absolutely everything below and in the album. There are a lot of them. So the day of, everyone hid my presents so I couldn't snoop them out and Aunt Alice prepared the backyard and the dining room.

          For once when I wanted for the sun to shine, it was pouring rain. Not to worry though, my always one step ahead thinking Aunt prepared everything in our ginormous living room. We have a huge hallway leading to the living room where she set up an actual red carpet! The background was white with really exquisite black and red lettering saying happy birthday and with different logos on it so you would think you were really on the red carpet at some amazing event of a movie premier. We had lights set up and cameras all put on timers so each time someone stepped in front of the cameras, they would wait about 10 seconds and all snap a photo from different angles; sort of like the paparazzi would.

          After that, the living room was cleared of all of the furniture and they—meaning my family; as I was not allowed to see anything let alone touch anything—put round and long tables strategically around the room and the dance floor was black with small red patterns around it. Every table had balloons tied to the chairs and each table had scarlet Carson roses in black vases in the middle like the center pieces, with candles around them. Each chair had an old Hollywood glam gift basket for each guest. That was really thoughtful of Alice.

          There were two tables next to each other; one held a multi-tiered cupcake creation with pink and white cupcakes on all of the tiers. I love love love cupcakes! The second table had this Minnie Mouse looking cake. It had polka dots and zebra stripes on it and a pink bow around it which my aunt then placed a candle with the number 15 on top. But that was later. My own table; yep I had my own table fit for a princess or a Hollywood star, had the same kind of decorations as the other tables did but I also had feathers coming out of the rose centerpieces. It looked truly magical. And there were sparkles everywhere! It was like our whole living room was glistening.

          After everything was set up; music included, everyone went upstairs to get ready. All the women got ready in grandpa and grandma's master suit while the men who were practically wearing only suites and ties with shiny shoes, found some random rooms to get dressed in. They were done way before any of us. Alice for once let each woman pick out a dress that fit her personality instead of buying something for each person. Surprisingly everyone was fine with it except Kim who wanted to wear a plain black jumpsuit but Michelle was not having it. So Michelle took it upon herself to find Kim a dress she wouldn't be too fussy with. Can you imagine sticking a tom-boy in a dress??? Oh brother!

          So finally they agreed on this dark beige short dress with a large satin black bow that tied in the front. It was close in color to the dress that Maria (Michelle's mom) was wearing. Kim though flat out refused heels and was allowed to wear black flats. She was harder to dress than Leah; who amazingly embraced the theme and chose a beautiful flowy purple dress for herself that made her look like a Grecian goddess of sorts. The men were not allowed to see us before we were ready but we did tell them the color of our dresses so they could wear a matching tie. Since my dress was multi-colored, I told Jake to wear a light blue tie so it would be easier for him.