Heart-Song

December 26, 2016

Dear Diary:

Well that was an interesting account from Ronan, wasn't it? So we had to figure out how to get to Medusa's lair or island rather but Rogue decided that as the holidays were closing in, it would be better to go back home. Because she didn't want Ronan to go batty waiting for us to return, she brought him with us. We were also starting to feel woozy because of the time difference here and 'real earth'. For us a week home was like 6 months on the other side. It could really degenerate our health even though we were immortal. So Rogue opened the portal and in under 5 seconds we were spit back out where our family was waiting for us.

We all received hugs though you can imagine Ronan got a lot of hairy eye balls from the family. Rogue and Alexander gave him their basement to live in while he was on earth or the real one as Aries explained to him. He couldn't be seen by our human counterparts; no way in hell was that explainable. If he hadn't been blue....well that would have been different. But the good jolly folks of Talkeetna didn't need to experience that and lord knew we didn't need the exposure.

It was holiday time and the family had decorated all of our houses. I'm sure if any of our satellites passed over head, they would have seen our houses from space! Another thing Rogue had to do was make a shield for Ronan because he couldn't breathe our air. Something about different dimensions and what world he came from. I may be a doctor but science fiction has never been my strong suit. The shield was invisible and fit around him like a glove. When he got to our world, he touched the snow and held it until it melted. It fascinated him. We let him play with the snow.

It turned out that it was a good thing I got home when I did. Corin went into labor a week after we all returned. She was about 2 weeks short but it didn't matter. Seth looked a lot like Keith did when Sava and the girls—Samantha and Savannah—were born respectively; nice and green around the gills. He held Corin's hand as I examined her. They were one of the only ones that didn't want to know the sex of the baby and decided on it being a surprise.

As there were a lot of children around, Ronan kept away from them; especially the girls. We could imagine that they reminded him of his wife's daughter Luna though we didn't have a clue as to what either looked like. He primarily stayed in the basement anyways; only coming outside to get air and walk around to get some exercise. As soon as Corin's water broke, Sava being the oldest out of the brood of kids, was put in charge of taking care of the younger ones as just about everyone; Watcher, wolf, or vampire was put on standby.

We'd had a baby shower for her before the whole interdimensional mergence thing and Ronan appeared. But unlike the others, Corin and Seth were perfectly happy with hand-me-downs as opposed to brand new baby clothes. That wasn't something that Alice liked but it wasn't her baby shower so she just had to be happy with decorating. Corin decided that in lieu of presents that we should have games and fun instead and so that's what we did. Besides, not knowing whether the baby was going to be a boy or a girl didn't make sense for gifts.

Just like for Christmas, Chanukah, and New Year's the previous years, we decided that instead of exchanging gifts unless they were with our mates, we would give to charity and it made people feel even better about helping those less fortunate then ourselves. That's what we were thinking as Corin started pushing. The baby came wailing out of her at exactly 12:01am on Christmas Day. Talk about a wonderful present! It was a very healthy and chubby baby girl. When Seth and Corin looked at her, they both wept tears of joy.

I, with the help of Kim, Michelle, and Nessie cleaned her up and put her on her mother's chest to nurse. She had a wisp of dark brown hair and the greenest eyes I had ever seen. She had a little bit of Seth and Corin in her face. Because she was born two weeks before she was supposed to, Sue didn't get a chance to be there for her birth, but Leah called her mom with the news and the former said she'd get the first flight out.