Shopping and Packing

Dear Diary:                                                                      July 20, 2013

After accepting the invitation from Alexander to join him and the rest of the Watchers on a nice vacation to Rogue's Isle, our house turned into a frenzy of people running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. Alice was almost never home because she was always dragging someone shopping for new swimsuits, and that included the men. The only ones spared from the shopping onslaught it seemed were most of the Watchers save Corin, Amy, Michelle, and Kim. The others liked the ones they had and didn't want to get new ones. No amount of convincing would change their minds which caused Alice to sulk.

Her sulking didn't last that long because she had our whole family to dress, so to speak. Seth and Jacob had decided to take their cues from the Watcher men and get more form-fitting swimwear as opposed to the usual American versions. On top of that, Alice made sure we all matched in one way or another with our mates. I was beginning to think we were preparing for a fashion show instead of a vacation. The photos of all of our swimwear are in the album for your pleasure; you can decide whether she picked stuff to match our personalities. Rogue and Alexander matched in color, having both of their swimwear attire a light blue shade.

While our pixie fashionista was coordinating outfits, the rest of the family were taking out their suitcases and talking excitedly about what they were going to pack. For a long time I watched them, and then was pushed by Esme into our master bedroom to do the same. Even though it had just been a few days since her return from her journey, I knew that my bond with my wife had gotten stronger. I always thought of her as a strong woman, but now I got a chance to see her as my equal and as an incredibly independent woman. Every time she brings up the volcano-hopping journey, I always put my hand over my heart in a mock heart attack that makes her giggle and roll her eyes at me.

My love for her has grown wildly. And what is so cool about going to Rogue's Isle—which is actually a lot bigger than Isle Esme, because ours contains just one house while the one Alexander bought has one house with wings and then other bungalows scattered around the island— is that everyone can have a romantic getaway and not have to worry about the neighbors next door.

This whole getaway couldn't have come at a better time because while we will be there, it'll be Bella and Edward's Wedding Anniversary. We have all decided to give the happy couple different and original crystal champagne flutes that are a part of a bigger surprise that will be revealed when Bella's birthday comes along. Bella being Bella didn't want a huge party with a ton of gifts, so we just literally created, or still are creating, something that will mean a ton to her. She doesn't know it yet, and lord knows I'm not spilling the beans. So even though these crystal Champagne Flutes are an anniversary gift, they fit into a part of Bella's present that Edward is very well aware of.

Not to get off track here. So we are just going to have a family gathering on that evening and quietly celebrate; we've even toned Alice down—go figure. For Bella's birthday, the Denali's are coming down to celebrate with us and have already purchased their gifts. So it'll be nice to celebrate with them. Nessie's ginormous birthday party will be before Bella's, so it'll be one right after the next when we return from the trip. Of course I'll tell you how everything went and show you pictures.

Alice was downstairs wanting everyone's attention so we bolted down. When we reached the bottom of the stairs, we found out that all of our swimwear had been bought and name tagged. She's definitely efficient. You can't take that away from her. So she thrusted each bag into our hands and shoo'd us away to go and continue packing with a very satisfied look on her face. I was kind of nervous to see what she got me, and Esme was very curious about hers. When she peaked, her eyes got wide and she smiled. When I wanted to see, she pushed me away and said that she will wear it on the island and only then I could see.