Leah's Baby Shower

Dear Diary:                                                                   September 30, 2014

            Now that we all knew it was a boy that Leah and Keith were having, we could shop accordingly. Alice had all of these very vivid dreams and ideas about what kind of baby shower to throw Leah but Leah with the help of Bella put her foot down. She didn't want extravagance; Leah was simple and she just wanted something fun and simple so we decided to just have food and presents in the Great Room. Sue flew in for the shower and the fact that the baby was due in the next week or so, she didn't want to miss anything. This is what she had dreamed of all of her life. She didn't care how old she was; all she cared about was that she was going to be a grandmother. This was her only opportunity; especially since Seth had imprinted on a Watcher. Corin couldn't have children as Rogue explained last time, female Watchers' reproductive organs stop working as soon as they choose immortality.

            So on Saturday we all gathered in the Great Room where the table was set up with yummy foods and deserts and presents littered the floor. Bella and Alice helped arrange everything in a very neat manner so people weren't tripping over things. First everyone enjoyed a delicious feast made by Esme, Bella, and Rose. Leah wasn't even allowed into the room until everything was complete. Sue was there with her every step of the way. When Sue first came and saw Leah, she gasped because of how large Leah's stomach had grown in those last couple of weeks. Sue had Skype and Facetime set up on her computer and phone so mother and daughter could talk every day. It wasn't until she arrived that she saw how quickly the baby was growing.

            Despite being worried remembering the horror of Bella's experience with Nessie, Rogue assured her that it wouldn't be anything remotely close to that because neither parent-to-be had vampire DNA in them. It would be a natural birth, the only difference was that the baby was growing very quickly and would also be a hybrid though a different kind. He would have human, Watcher, and shape shifter traits. We had kept Leah home and away from patrol or us for the most part so she wouldn't have the urge to phase and go into premature labor. Being as this was going to be another supernatural birth, we didn't want any more surprises.

            The Denali clan had also arrived for the shower and birth. They wanted to see this new miracle. They had long gotten over their aversion towards all of the wolves. We were like one ginormous family now. So people were eating and discussing the upcoming birth as I looked at Leah, she was absolutely glowing. I've never seen her this happy and according to Sue, neither had she. She had gotten everything she had ever wanted; a big loving family, a husband who adored her, and now a baby on the way. What more could one ask for? Especially one who kept getting the short end of the stick? Now she was almost complete. The baby would complete the puzzle.

            After eating, we turned on soft music in the background, nice and relaxing nature sounds that made people think the baby shower itself was in the woods and by the ocean; the link to that music is above; it's called "Natural Meditation" by Dan Gibson. We had Leah relaxing in a comfortable chair as Bella and Alice brought her gifts from all of us. She opened them one by one as we watched. The presents included tons of clothing, different accessories like a car seat that changes as the child grows stroller, toys, and so forth. Everything is shown below.

        Alexander and I collaborated on a special project. While Keith took Leah away for a week to the Adirondacks, Alexander and I set about painting the baby's bedroom. As you have heard me say many times, Alexander would give the late Thomas Kincaid a run for his money when it came to art, drawing, and painting. So we decided to recreate the backyard woods in the baby's bedroom. Alexander took on the intricate work himself while giving me relatively basic things to paint. First he sketched everything out on his pad so he knew what he wanted us to do and then we went to work. We worked for 12 hours straight 3 days in a row to come up with the perfect design.