Boundaries (Alexander's POV)

Dear Diary:                                                                        April 30, 2014

        Having never written a diary of any sort before, this latest trip to the other side had me all but itching to get my thoughts out. Carlisle, having sensed that, offered me a spot in his diary. I was honored; he really didn't have to do it but he was a very honorable man and I respected him a lot. Ever since we defeated the Volturi and joined the Cullen family, we have really grown extremely fond of one another. They have become our extended family and it's all very heart warming.

        I also know that I am perceived as the quiet Watcher unlike Keith. I guess in that sense I'm closer in personality to Peter and Jasper. I'm mellower which is great when you have a firecracker for a wife; we balance out each other nicely. When we were engaged and she was chosen to be queen of the Watchers, I was happy for her but at the same time I was really sad, scared, and frankly petrified. Why? Because I would be losing her to immortality. When Rogue and I found each other and fell in love, it was the eternal kind. I couldn't see anyone else by my side ever. And when she refused to be queen unless I was allowed to join her, it was like someone cracked open my heart and soul and filled both with the most amazing type of warmth. And that is how I too became a Watcher. The powers that be understood that in order to have her rule over us all, I would have to join the fold and I did.

        Now don't get me wrong, my wife has all the capabilities and then some to take care of herself. That however doesn't stop me from feeling like I want to punch the guy's brain in. You know who I'm speaking of; Michael the Archangel. Michael has been around longer than Rogue and I put together and apparently when you're as old as the universe itself you have a bit of a superiority complex and think you can and will attain every woman you want. He has in the past and that's why when Rogue came along as Queen of the Watchers even though she was already married to me, he figured 'piece of cake'. Not so.

        Not only was I not the type of husband to let my wife go to someone just because he was a God but Rogue herself wanted nothing to do with him that way. She made it clear from the get go when his intentions were realized that she was not interested in him in any way shape or form. You could have imagined the shock that dealt to his fragile ego. Over the millennia he sought to change her mind. She started off as just another conquest to him but as the time progressed and she remained unreachable and untouchable, he fell in love with her. Not something this ruthless playboy ever imagined happening to him but it did.

        It was about 50 or 70 years ago when he tried a different tactic that she finally gave him the ultimatum. When he grew her a gargantuan flower garden on Mt. Olympus and officially proposed, that she told him that he had two options; either work with her as part of her arsenal against evil and leave the lovey dovey crap behind or continue on this path but never work by her side again. She told him, she would personally speak to the powers that be to get him taken off as her aid. I think that frightened him more than anything else as he realized just how much power she actually wielded and not just over him but in general. He chose the former thankfully for us all but that didn't stop him from what he calls 'harmless flirtation.'

        Not entirely sure how a 'harmless flirtation' works with an entirely uninterested married woman, but hey that's Michael for you. Reason for my writing now is because he and Rogue were just having a private discussion in the garden of Cupid's castle. It was 'work related' but I obviously still didn't and don't trust him as far as I can throw him. I was watching from one of the castle's towers as Death approached me on her grey cloud. She's very close to Rogue. It took me a long time to get over her creepy appearance but now I don't even notice it.

"He will never get it, will he?" She said shaking her head, looking out over the garden at Rogue and Michael deep in conversation about whatever.

"Not unless she ditches him or I beat the shit out of him, whichever happens first." I grumbled as she turned to look at me. Or at least I thought she was looking, couldn't really tell.